The sensor reduces its resistance when the force put to the tip, increases. Due to this phenomenon, and the use of microcontroller with analog to digital converter, you can build a sensor that measures the force of pressure. The measurement can be displayed, for example, on the LCD display.
Diagram of connection with Arduino.
The sensor has Vin and the ADC pins. For the correct operation, the wires must be connected in the right way using, designed for pins, fields.
A graph of the resistance from the applied force
The product is compatible with Arduino
The manufacturer provides acode examplefor Arduino.
- Response time: < 10 µs
- Operating temperature: -20 to 60 °C
- Storage temperature: -30 °C to 60 °C
- Operating humidity: up to 90 %
- Current consumption: 5 mA to 20 mA
- The output resistance range: from ∞ to 200 Ω
- Mechanical tolerance: up to 50 µm
- Temperature effect: up to 10 %
- Influence of humidity: 20 %
- Output tolerance: max. 20 %
- Measuring range: from 5 g to 4 kg
- Dimensions: 15.2 x 9 x 0.97 mm
- Sensor's diameter: 0.97 mm