The product has been discontinued. Check others products incategory.
Smart image sensor, through which the robot can actually find items. Pixy has support for different devices, such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone. Software and equipment are fully compatible with the ideology of OpenSource so you can modify them. The unit also has free technical support onthe Wiki product page.
- Many communication interfaces, i.a. UART, SPI, I2C and USB.
- The ability to communicate with popular platforms, i.a: Raspberry Pi, Banana Pi and Arduino.
- A speed of 50 frames per second.
- The module has small size and is easy to connect.
- PixyCam has built-in image processing systems so the microcontroller of the main board is not loaded with a large number of calculations.
Examples of application
- Mobile robots - the device allows, i.a. to track the lines and to detect colors. Specifically, the algorithms also allow to determine the position, orientation and size of objects.
- Alarms- the camera can notify the user about object approaching to it.
- Automation- thanks to the ability to distinguish colors, size and location of the object, PixyCam is suitable to use in automation devices. Built-in memory allows you to store up to 7 items.
Camera PixyCam - front view (left) and bottom view (right).
To launch the camera in Windows you need to:
- download and install the latest version of the software fromthe manufacturer's website,
- connect the camera viaminiUSB cable(sold separately)
- start the PixyMon program.
The device also can be connected with any microcontroller (includingArduinoandRaspberry Pi) using available communication interfaces, such as UART, I2C, SPI. A detailed description can be found inthe user guide.
- CPU: 2-core NXP LPC4330, 204 MHz
- Image sensor: Omnivision OV9715. 1/4 ", 1280 x 800 px
- Viewing angles:
- Horizontal: 75 °
- Vertical: 47 °
- Lens type: standard M12 (several different available types)
- Current consumption: approx. 140 mA
- Power supply:
- USB: 5 V
- Non-adjusted input: 6 V to 10 V
- RAM: 264 KB
- Flash memory: 1 MB
- Communication interfaces:
- Dimensions: 53 x 44 x 35 mm