Product description: 2,13'' 212 x 104 px E-Paper E-Ink display - SPI - 3 colors - for Raspberry Pi Pico - Waveshare 19588
A2.13''e-paper displaydesigned for theRaspberry Pi Pico. Its resolution is212 x 104 px. The screen presents images and texts in three colors:red,blackandwhite. The module usesSPIbus for communication with Raspberry Pi. The screen is made inE-Inktechnology - imitating a traditional sheet of paper. This type of displays are used when reading e-books or electronic magazines. The displaydoes not emit a blue glowand is passively reflective. It presents the recently read content even long after the power is disconnected. It is characterized bylow power consumption, and the power is consumed only for refreshing.
The display pinouts are compatible with the connector on the Raspberry Pi Pico.
Thedisplay has pinouts in the form offemale connectors that make it easy to connect to the Raspberry Pi Pico. Among the pinouts are:
- VSYS- 3.3V power supply pin
- GND- chip ground
- e-Paper_DC- data / commands selector pin (high state - data; low state - commands)
- e-Paper_CS- Chip Select (activated by low state)
- e-Paper_CLK- SPI interface clock input pin
- e-Paper_DIN- SPI data line input pin
- e-Paper_RST- RESET pin (low state activated)
- e-Paper_BUSY- BUSY output pin
Technical specification of the display
- Dedicated toRaspberry Pi Pico
- Type: e-paper display
- Technology: E-Ink
- Communication interface: SPI (3-wire or 4-wire)
- Display diagonal: 2,13''
- Display resolution: 212 x 104 px
- Pixel size: 0.229 x 0.228 mm
- Display colors: red, black, white
- Viewing angle: > 170°
- Gray scale: 2
- Full refresh time: 15 s
- Power consumption during refresh: 26.4 mW
- Power consumption during standby: < 0.01 uA
- Supply voltage: 3,3 V
- Programming language: C / C++ / MicroPython
- Display dimensions: 48.55 x 23.71 mm
- Module dimensions: 65 x 30.5 mm
What is an "e ink e paper" display?
An e-paper display, also known as an electronic paper (e paper display) uses electrophoretic microcapsule technology to present text and images. It imitates the look of regular ink on traditional paper. Such technology is extremely user-friendly - the screens do not emit a blue glow, are passively reflective and provide a wide viewing angle. All these features prevent eye fatigue during use.