Product description: PWM motor and servo driver - I2C 8 channel - PCA9685 - overlay for Feather - Adafruit 2928
Overlay for theFeatherfamily of products in the form ofan 8-channelmotor and servo controller. Control is performed usingPWM(Pulse Width Modulation) signal. The controller usesI2Cbus to communicate with the main module, e.g. Arduino. It can be used, among others, in robot projects whose mission is to control up to eight separate components simultaneously.
PWM motor and servo controller - I2C 8-channel.
- Control via I2C bus by PWM signal, so that the signal does not have to be transmitted continuously
- Voltage range from 3.3 V to 6 V supported
- Adjustable PWM frequency up to approximately 1.6 kHz
- Equipped with eight 12-bit control channels
- Reverse polarity protection on input terminal connectors
- Green LED indicating correct operation of the controller
- Clever design, which enables stacking of elements
- 220 Ohm series resistors placed on all output lines
Technical specification of the controller from Adafruit
- Compatible with Feather family modules
- Embedded chip: PCA9685
- Type: PWM motor driver
- Number of channels: 8
- Operating frequency: from 40 Hz to 1000 Hz
- Communication interface: I2C bus
- PWM frequency control: up to 1.6 kHz
- 12-bit resolution for each servo output, approximately 4 us at 60 Hz
- Configurable push-pull or open-drain output
- Dimensions: 50.8 x 22.9 x 1.6 mm
- Weight: 3.9 g
Contents of the kit
- Motor and servo driver - 8 channels
- Goldpin connectors - 2,54 mm pitch:
- 2x4 - 2 pcs.
- 1x16 - 2 pcs.
- Terminal connector - 1x2 (in black or blue - sent randomly)