Product description: Cytron Maker Drive MX1508
A simple to use, two channel DC motor controller designed for beginners. Features an H-bridge to control motor rotation in both directions. Continuous current per channel is 1 A (momentary 1.5 A). Power supply from 2.5 V to 9.5 V. Output current at 5 V is 0.2 A.
Key features of the Cytron Maker Drive MX1508 motor controller
- Protection - Maker Drive has reverse polarity protection for Vin / Vmotor / Vbatt (motor power) terminals. This gets rid of the danger of damaging the motor by making a bad power connection.
- Compact design - the board has small dimensions 43 x 35 x 14 mm.
- Four buttons - the module has two buttons for each channel, which make it easy to test motors without programming the microcontroller. You can use the buttons to check if the power supply to the motors was connected correctly. To use the buttons, programming is not required.
- Four LEDs - the board has been equipped with two LEDs for each channel, which make it easy to know if the module has been connected and programmed correctly. You can use these LEDs to check the direction of the output voltage without connecting the motors. The LEDs also allow you to identify errors to facilitate troubleshooting.
- Voltage Regulator - The Maker Drive has a voltage regulator that outputs 5 volts with a maximum output of 200 mA, when powered from 2.5 volts to 9.5 volts. This allows you to power a control chip, such as an Arduino, directly from the controller without the need for an additional power source. Now your project can be powered from a single power source. Maker Drive can be powered by two AA or AAA batteries or a single Li-Ion or Li-Pol cell.
- Regenerative Brake Control - provides better control over motor speed control. Most applications use this feature, such as a line tracking robot, because the controller can control the speed more accurately.
Cytron Maker Drive MX1508 specification
- Chip: MX1508
- Number of channels: 2
- Supply voltage: 2.5V to 9.5V
- Output voltage: 5 V
- Output current: 200 mA
- Continuous current: 1 A
- Instantaneous current: 1,5 A
- Logic part voltage: 1.8 V to 5 V
- Works with: Raspberry Pi, Arduino, ESP8266, ESP32, etc.
- PWM speed control up to 20 kHz
- Reverse polarity protection
- Protection against too high temperature
- Dimensions: 43 x 35 x 14 mm