Product description: EMC2101 - I2C fan and temperature controller - STEMMA QT / Qwiic - Adafruit 4808
Module produced byAdafruitand equipped withEMC2101chip. It complies withSMBus 2.0standard and allows to control afanusingPWMpulse width modulator orDAClinear output. It has two built-intemperature monitors- controlling the internal channel and the external channel. Each channel can have aseparately declared temperature range, exceeding which causes an interruption or an alert is sent.
Product compatible with Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
Detaileduser's guideand libraries forArduino IDEandCircuitPythonenvironment are available on manufacturer's website, downloadable from GitHub.
Pinout description of the EMC2101 sensor and controller
- VIN- supply pin with voltage in the range of 3 V to 5 V DC.
- 3Vo- supply pin with voltage 3,3 V.
- GND- system ground pin.
- SCL- I2C communication interface clock line pin.
- SDA- I2C communication interface data line pin.
- ALERT- interrupt pin / 4-pin fan input.
- TACH- interrupt pin / input to 4-pin fans.
- FAN- input pin to control 3-pin and 4-pin fans.
- DN- negative pin of temperature measurement diode.
- DP- positive pin of temperature measurement diode.
- Used in GPUs
- As a simultaneous PWM controller and temperature sensor
Technical specifications of the sensor from Adafruit
- Chip: EMC2101
- Supply voltage: 3 V to 5 V DC
- Maximum current: 1000 µA
- Temperature monitoring
- temperature measurement range: from -40°C to 125°C
- external channel: accuracy of measurement ± 1°C (at 25°C)
- internal channel: accuracy of measurement ± 2°C
- Communication interface: I2C
- Interface address: 0x5C
- Automatic compensation
- Resistance error correction
- Warning of exceeding the declared temperature
- Compatible with SM Bus
- Selectable PWM or DAC fan controller output