Product description: Air pressure sensor - barometer - 300-1250hPa - BMP384 - Qwiic - SparkFun SEN-19662
The module is equipped with the BMP384 system, which measures the atmospheric pressure in a wide range from 300 hPa to 1250 hPa and temperature in the range from -40 ° C to + 85 ° C. The sensor has a high measurement resolution - up to 24 bits, and has an additional protection of the system against moisture - it is not fully waterproof, but can be used near water or in a humid environment. There are two Qwiic connectors on the board, which facilitate the prototyping process. SparkFun Pressure Sensor has a configurable oversampling setting, a FIFO buffer for storing up to 73 measurements and a built-in low-pass filter , thanks to which users can adjust the sensor's performance to the requirements of the application.
Check also the user's guide prepared by the manufacturer!
What does the barometer measure? What is atmospheric pressure?
A barometer is a pressure sensor that measures total air pressure. Atmospheric pressure depends on weather conditions and varies with altitude. Are you wondering what atmospheric pressure is good for a human being? The value of the atmospheric pressure, the so-called normal pressure is 1013.25 hPa and decreases with increasing altitude. Only heat above this value is considered high and dangerous.
- Pressure sensor - barometer - 300-1250hPa - BMP384 - Qwiic - SparkFun SEN-19662 - 1 piece
Technical specification of the sensor
- Type: barometer, air pressure and temperature sensor, barometric sensor
- Built-in chip: BMP384
- Pressure measurement range: from 300 hPa to 1250 hPa
- Relative accuracy: ± 9 Pa in the range from 900 hPa to 1110 hPa
- Absolute accuracy: ± 50 Pa in the range from 300 hPa to 1110 hPa
- Temperature measurement range: -40 ° C to + 85 ° C
- Measurement resolution: up to 24 bit
- Supply voltage range: 1.65 V to 3.6 V
- Power consumption:
- 700 µA - peak value during the measurement
- 3.4 µA / 1 Hz - Pressure and temperature monitoring with Ultra Low Power oversampling settings
- ~ 2µA - sleep mode / idle mode
- Communication interface: I2C, SPI
- I2C interface address
- 0x77 - the default
- 0x76 - alternate
- Data transfer rates:
- I2C - 3.4 MHz
- SPI - 10 MHz
- Built-in FIFO buffer for storing up to 73 measurements
- Built-in low-pass filter
- Conclusions: solder pads / 2x Qwiic connector
- Tile sizes: 25.4 x 25.4 mm