The sensor reduces its resistance when the force put to the tip, increases. Due to this phenomenon, and the use of microcontroller with analog to digital converter, you can build a sensor that measures the force of pressure. The measurement can be displayed, for example, on the LCD display.
Diagram of the connection with Arduino.
The sensor has 8 Vin and ADC pins. For correct operation, the wire must be connected in a proper way, using the 4 designed for pins, fields. The sensors can be connected with each other.
A graph of the resistance from the applied force
The product is compatible with Arduino
The manufacturer provides acode examplefor Arduino.
- Response time: < 10 µs
- Operating temperature: -20 to 60 °C
- Storage temperature: -30 °C to 60 °C
- Operating humidity: up to 90 %
- Current consumption: 5 mA to 20 mA
- The output resistance range: from ∞ to 200 Ω
- Mechanical tolerance: up to 50 µm
- Temperature effect: up to 10 %
- Influence of humidity: 20 %
- Output tolerance: max. 20 %
- Measuring range: from 5 g to 4 kg
- Size: 18,65 x 18,32 x 0.7 mm
- Sensor's diameter: 8 mm