Product description: Luxonis Oak-D-S2 - AI image recognition kit - Fixed-Focus
Oak-D-S2 by Luxonis - a module that offers the processing power of 4 TOPS and the ability to process any spatial model from the AI level. The device is equipped with three cameras - two stereo cameras 1280 x 800 px and one 12 Mpx Fixed-Focus camera. The device uses the USB-C interface (versions 2.0 / 3.0 with speeds of 5 Gbps / 10 Gbps, respectively).
DeptAI platform what is it?
The DeptAI platform was created by Luxonis to allow the embedding of Spatial artificial intelligence (Spatial AI) in products. DepthAI hardware, firmware and software combine depth perception, object detection (neural inference), and object tracking that can be easily exploited with the Python API .
Myriad X VPU processor
- 4 TOPS of processing power (1.4 TOPS for AI)
- The ability to run any AI artificial intelligence model, also with non-standard architecture and construction (models must be converted )
- H.264, H.265, MJPEG encoding - 4K / 30 fps, 1080p / 60 fps
- Computer vision : warping / distorting, resizing, cropping with ImageManip, edge detection, feature tracking, and activation of custom resume functions
- Stereo depth perception at 120fps with filtering
- Tracking 2D and 3D objects
Comparison of Oak-D Auto-Focus and Oak-D Fixed Focus
The Oak-D module is available in two versions, Fixed-Focus and Auto-Focus , which differ only in the configuration of the central camera. The Fixed-Focus variant has a mechanically immobilized lens (with fixed focus), and the Auto-Focus model focuses automatically through a built-in electromagnet that dynamically controls the position of the lens .
- Auto-Focus cameras are recommended for observing objects in close proximity - in the range of 10 cm to 50 cm from the device. They can also be manually set to a specific focus position using the DepthAI API .
- Fixed-Focus cameras are used in environments with strong vibrations, they are used in devices such as drones.
Technical specification of Luxonis Oak-D
- RGB camera:
- sensor: IMX378
- type: Fixed-Focus
- resolution: 12 Mpx (4032 x 3040 px)
- maximum frame rate: 60 fps
- sharpness: from 50 cm to infinity
- Viewing angle FOV / DFOV / HFOV / VFOV: 78 ° / 81 ° / 69 ° / 55 °
- lens size: 1 / 2.3 ''
- pixel size: 1.55 µm x 1.55 µm
- Stereo camera
- sensor: OV9282
- resolution: 1 Mpx (1280 x 800 px)
- maximum frame rate: 120 fps
- sharpness: from 19.6 cm to infinity
- Viewing angle FOV / DFOV / HFOV / VFOV: 89.5 ° / 89.5 ° / 80 ° / 55 °
- lens size: 1/4 ''
- pixel size: 3 µm x 3 µm
- Dimensions: 97 x 29.5 x 22.9 mm
- Weight: 91 g