Product description: QT Py RP2040 - board with RP2040 microcontroller - USB - STEMMA QT - Adafruit 4900
QT Py RP2040 is a board equipped with RP2040 microcontroller. Adafruit's product is equipped with a chip that has two ARM Cortex M0+ cores running at 125 MHz (at 3.3 V supply), 264 kB of SRAM, 8 MB of FLASH memory(via external FLASH QSPI chip). It also has STEMMA QT connectors and a USB type C connector.
The platform supports the popular programming languages MicroPython, CircuitPython and C/C++, which can be loaded into the memory via the USB interface using the built-in UF2 Bootloader or an external programmer via the SWD interface. The Feather RP2040 features a red LED and a single Neopixel RGB LED that can be programmed using CircuitPython.
Main features of RP2040 chip
- Two ARM Cortex-M0+ cores clocked at 125 MHz at 3.3 V supply
- 264 kB of on-chip SRAM
- Support for up to 16 MB of external Flash memory via QSPI bus
- Fully interconnected AHB crossbar
- DMA controller
- Peripherals with interpolator and integer divider
- On-chip programmable LDO for core voltage generation
- 2 on-chip PLLs for clock generation, USB and core
QT Py RP2040 pinout description
The QT Py RP2040 has a STEMMA QT connector for quick and seamless connection, and solder pads to which goldpin connectors should be soldered. The pinouts on the board follow the relationship below:
- 3.3, V - 3.3 V supply pin
- 5 V - power pin 5 V (connected to USB connector)
- GND - system ground
- SCL - I2C interface clock line
- SDA - I2C interface data line
- RX / TX - UART interface pins
- A0/D0.. - analog/digital pins
The manufacturer has prepared a detailed user guide that contains a detailed description of all components on the board. Check it out!
Technical specification QT Py RP2040
- Microcontroller: RP2040
- 32-bit dual-core Cortex M0+
- SRAM: 264 kB
- Flash memory: 8 MB
- No EEPROM memory
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V to 5 V
- I2C communication interface
- USB type C
- STEMMA QT
- Dimensions: 21.8 x 17.8 x 5.8 mm
- Weight: 2.2 g
- QT Py RP2040
- Goldpin strip - raster 2.54 mm
STEMMA QT connector what is it?
The QT Py RP2040 from Adafruit features the STEMMA QT connector, which allows you to connect various types of sensors without soldering. This connector uses the SCL and SDA pins for the I2C communication interface.
STEMMA GT connectors are 3 or 4 pin JST PH connectors. They make it easy to connect and read various sensors and devices without having to solder individual components. STEMMA 4-pin J ST PH are larger connectors with 2.0 mm pitch designed for I2C. The 3-pin J ST PH connector, on the other hand, is a 2.0 mm raster connector designed forPWM / analog / digital use .