Product description: Air quality sensor ENS160 - I2C - internal - DFRobot SEN0537
The DFRobot module based on the ENS160 ScioSense system, which is used to monitor air purity in rooms. It processes IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) data such as TVOC , eCO2 , AQI , it is a combination of TrueVOC and MOX technologies, which enable quick, interference-free and high-accuracy measurements. The sensor is supplied with the voltage in the range from 3.3 V to 5 V , it communicates via the I2C bus.
The product is compatible with Arduino!
The manufacturer has prepared a detailed user guide that makes it much easier to start working with the sensor. You will find there, among others pin description, connection diagram and sample program code - check it!
The sensor has been completed with a probe that allows the element to be mounted in hard-to-reach places.
Special features of the sensor
- Equipped with a probe that allows the module to be installed in hard-to-reach places
- It processes IAQ data (TVOC, eCO2, AQI), which allows you to read various environmental parameters
- The sensor warm-up time is under 3 minutes, which allows for faster data acquisition compared to other sensors
- It has a built-in algorithm that provides more accurate output
Suggested use - how to use the air sensor?
- Air purification device
- Executive element of broadly understood home automation
- Environmental pollution detector
- Air quality indicator
- HVAC system and ventilation system
- Intelligent thermostat
- Cooker hood
Description of the sensor pins
- Red wire - supply voltage from 3.3 V to 5 V
- Black wire - ground of the system
- Yellow wire - I2C bus clock line
- Green wire - data line of the I2C bus
Air quality sensor specification
- Built-in chip: ENS160
- Supply voltage: from 3.3 V to 5 V
- Current consumption: 29 mA
- Warm-up time: less than 3 minutes
- Communication interface: I2C bus
- I2C address: 0x53
- Operating temperature range: -10 ° C to 80 ° C
- Operating humidity range: 5% to 95% RH (non-condensing)
- ECO2 measurement range: 400 ppm to 65,000 ppm
- TVOC measurement range: 0 ppb to 65,000 ppb
- Probe length: 1 m