The product has been discontinued. Check other products in category.
RedBoard is fully compatible with popular Arduino Uno module. This means that it can be programmed through the Arduino IDE using available libraries. The so-called Arduino Shields also collaborate with SparkFun module. Thanks to the SDA, SCL and IOREF connectors, board will be compatible with future shields.
- MicroUSB connector - the large USB-B connector was replaced by a small convenientmicroUSB slot
- Qwiic connector - allows you to directly attach the sensor with Qwiic connector
- The board color was changed from blue to black
The manufacturer does not recommend the conversion of the analog A4/A5 pinson digital because they were pulled up to a 2.2k resistor of the connector of I2C Qwiic
The module can be powered via the microUSB cable and the external device, for example, the AC adapter, the battery or the rechargeable battery. Switching power sources is automatic. The power supply is connected to a standard DC slot. Rechargeable battery or other source should be connected to the pins of the POWER connector.
- Supply voltage: 7 V to 15 V
- Fully compatible withArduino Uno Rev3
- The whole is made in SMD technology
- Microcontroller: ATmega328P
- Maximum clock frequency: 16 MHz
- SRAM: 2 KB
- Flash memory: 32 KB (5kB reserved for bootloader)
- EEPROM: 1 KB
- I/O ports: 14
- Working with voltages of 5 V
- The inputs tolerate 3.3 V voltage
- PWM outputs: 6
- Number of analog inputs: 6 (channels of A/C converter)
- Serial interfaces: UART, SPI
- External interrupts
- Connector: microUSB (microUSB cable not included)
- Soldered ISP connector
- Soldered Qwiic connector
Arduino Uno vs. BlackBoard
|Atmega328 - both boards has the same popular main microcontroller.||USB Connector - Arduino Uno uses the big USB-B connector, while SparkFan placed on the board, miniUSB connector.|
The choice of board in the Arduino environment - for both systems, in the options select the Uno module.
|Qwiic connector that allows direct connection of sensors to the board through Qwiicconnector.|
Digital and analog pins - both plates have the same number of pins located in the identical way.
|Arduino Board is manufactured with the THT, BlackBoardwas made in the SMD - soldered on surface.|
Operating voltage - both modules operate with voltages of 5 V and have a built-in 3.3 V voltage regulator.
|The BlackBoard is black, the Arduino is blue|
Examples of accessories
- Gyroscopes, accelerometers, IMU- sensors of MEMS type withdigital output (I2C bus)
- Displays- LCD screens, on which, in a simple way, you can view the data
- Optical sensors- distance meters, color sensors, opto-isolators
- The gas sensors - systems, allowing to detect the concentration of methane or alcohol
- DC motor drivers - systems, allowing to adjust the direction and roatry speed of motors
- Drivers of stepper motors - modules allowing to control the position of stepper motors