Product description: BMI270 3-axis accelerometer and I2C gyroscope - SparkFun SPX-17353
The BMI270 is a3-axis accelerometer with gyroscope, based on solutions used inBosch Sensortecsensors. It represents a highly integrated, low-power IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit), which is one type of inertial navigation system. The BMI270 includes not only a high-performance and sensitiveaccelerometerandgyroscope, but also a number of intelligent, on-chip motion-triggered interrupt functions. The product is used in smart clothing and AR / VR projects. The sensor is equipped with Qwiic connector, which isSparkFun's proprietary solution. It uses theI2C busfor communication.
BMI270 is an experimental product from the SparX series. These are advanced solutions that do not go into irregular production. They are created in very small quantities. They are tested by SparkFun, but do not have its technical support.
Possible applications of the gyroscope
BMI270 is very often used in prototyping so-called smart clothes and in virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) projects. It will find its application especially as a sensor enabling:
- Detection of movement depending on its intensity
- Detection of lack of movement
- Counting steps
- Recognition of changes in activity
- Recognition of gestures made with the wrist (usually in specially designed wristbands)
BMI270 Specifications 3-axis accelerometer and gyroscope
- Power supply: 1.8 V and 3.3 V
- Communication: I2C bus
- Measurement range of 16 bit 3-axis accelerometer: ±2 / ±4 / ±8 / ±16 g
- Measuring range 16 bit 3-axis gyroscope: ±125 / ±250 / ±500 / ±1000 / ±2000 dps
- 400 kHz AUX sensor interface with hardware synchronisation
- Ultra low power consumption
- Qwiic pinout. Optionally O/I pins can be used (solderable)
- On the back of the board jumpers allow to change device address, remove I2C bus pull-up resistors and power LED.