- Reduced price
Product description: RSD - RS232 data logger - GS-software
The device allows to record data coming from the RS232 serial port.The correct recording of the frame in the memory is signaled by a diodeor a digital output for the time specified in theconfiguration. The data can be downloaded to a USB key or to a computer via RS232 and the result can be displayed in the software included in the package.
RS232 data logger - GS-software.
A version with Ethernet is also available.
Main features of the data logger
- Recording of incoming data on RS232 port
- Save the data frame after activating the input port in the RSD, e.g. after pressing the external button
- Save the data frame every specified interval
- Possibility to send frames to the RS232 port every specified time interval or after activating the input port
- Possibility of controlling the diode and digital output (relay)
Reading RS232 data.
Data logger operating modes
- Writing of all incoming data to the RS232 port- e.g. saving data from a load cell after pressing the PRINT button on a load cell or saving data sent cyclically by the load cell.
- Activation of the digital input followed by writing one frame -data to the RS232 port should come cyclically, but they will not be written until the digital input is activated in the RSD. After the high state of the digital input appears, the recorder will save the first received frame, which will meet the conditions set in the configuration and go on to wait for the next input activation. E.g. load cell connected to external LED display, RSD device connected to RS232 line. Recording is done by pressing the external button.
- Sending queries by the RSD device- the device has a possibility to send a frame defined in the configuration with a query about a specific time interval. Received frame will be saved in the recorder's memory.
- Monitoring of vehicle scale passages - RSDrecords information about appearance of weight on the scale whose value is greater than defined in the configuration. Recorder records maximum, stable value of weight or maximum unstable value in case when there was no stable value from entry to exit from the scale. The recorder is also able to control the relay for a certain amount of time after the weight exceeding the set threshold has appeared.
The manufacturer together with the RSD data recorder provides computer software. It allows to configure the recorder and to read, export and present recorded data. The software has a graphical editor, with the help of which the user can determine where the frames are located. With the software it is possible:
- reading of the recorded data (previously ripped to a USB key)
- transfer of the recorded data (previously ripped to a USB key)
- analysing the data stored in the RSD device memory
- extraction of data from transmission frames recorded in RSD memory
- exporting data to csv, txt file
- efficient configuration of the device
Software included in the RSD recorder.
RSD recorder specification
|Compatibility||USB 1.0 / 1.1|
|Compatibility||USB 2.0 / 3.0|
|Connector||USB Type A - socket|
|Number of digital inputs||1|
|Type of digital input||Voltage free|
|Number of digital outputs||2|
|Communication interface to the device|
|Type of interface||RS232 (RX, TX, GND lines only) TTL operation possible|
|Type of connector||Screw terminal|
|Transmission speed||From 1200 bps to 115200 bps|
|Communication interface to PC|
|Type of interface||RS232 (RX, TX, GND lines only)|
|Type of interface (optional)||Ethernet (not available in this version)|
|Power supply||12 V to 24 V DC (max, 300 mA)|
|Memory Capacity||16 GB|
|Minimum time between stored frames||50 ms|
|Degree of protection||IP40|
|Operating temperature||From -20°C to 50°C|
|Dimensions (in housing)||86 x 57 x 26 mm|