Product description: Royal Resin epoxy resin pigment powder "Chameleon" - 10 g - blue
Blue"Chameleon" type pigment, intended for epoxyresins, varnishes, silicones, plastic compounds, etc. It is used as an additive to obtain the effect ofinterference(the effect similar to the real pearl) that is, changing shades of color depending on the angle of view. The pigment is produced on the basis ofmica platelets.Thanks to this it isnon-flammable, chemically resistant, resistant to permanent light, temperature changes and is non-toxic. Kameleon" pigments are used in printing and varnishing, in the automotive industry (e.g. for single-layer body painting), in the furniture, ceramics and decorative industries. Only10 g of the product is sufficient for tinting 1 kg of resin. The intensity of the colour largely depends on the amount of pigment in the resin. Products can be used as an additive to other colors.
Too much pigment in the resin may give a milky colour to the resin.
Kameleon" pigment can be used as:
- addition to transparent resin. In this way, an additional effect is obtained in the resin of changing the resin color from transparent to the color of the pigment depending on the angle of view.
- An addition to a similar colour of an already coloured resin, e.g:
- shades of blue - Pigment "Chameleon" blue.
- Shades of red, brown - "Chameleon" red pigment, etc.
Kameleon" pigmentis recommendedfor thin resin layers. This is very important due to the properties of this type of pigment. Its grains are built in such a way that they are arranged vertically, thus givingthe effect of interferenceand can fall to the bottom. They are recommended for use with resins which have a faster curing time, i.e.laminating resins.
Colouring matters can be divided intodyesandpigments. The difference between them lies in their solubility: Dyesare solubleand light transmissivecompoundswhereas pigmentsare not soluble in the applied environment.
Specification of pigment for epoxy resins
- Manufacturer:Royal Resin
- Colour: "Chameleon" blue
- Substance: powder
- Pigment - opaque coloring substance, insoluble
- Gives the resin the effect of a real pearl
- Use: for epoxy resins
- 10 g of the product is sufficient to colour 1 kg of resin
- Weight: 10 g