Product description: Gravity - MEMS gas sensor - CO, CH4, H2, NO2, NH3 - I2C - MiCS-4514 - DFRobot SEN0377
Gassensor with integrated MiCS-4514 chip made in MEMS technology. What does the gas sensor react to? First of all, it detects various harmful gases and volatile organic compounds such as carbon monoxide (CO), methane (CH4), ethanol (C2H5OH), hydrogen (H2), ammonia (NH3) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2). The sensor only detects the concentration of gases in the air - it does not differentiate between them. The module is intended for educational and hobby purposes. It is not guaranteed to work properly in medical, security or similar applications.
Product is compatible with Arduino!
Manufacturer provides user guide and sample program code - check it out!
- The sensor detects only the concentration of gases in the air. It doesn't distinguish between them, so you can't tell which gas was detected.
- Low power consumption and I2C communication interface.
- Compatible with any controller powered from 3.3V to 5.5V, e.g. Arduino, ESP32 or Raspberry Pi.
- Used in gas leakage detection projects.
- It can be used as an actuator during environmental air testing.
- The module is intended for educational and hobby purposes. It is not guaranteed to work properly in medical, security or similar applications.
Contents of the kit
- Gravity - MEMS gas sensor - CO, alcohol, NO2, NH3 - I2C - MiCS-4514 - DFRobot SEN0377 - 1 piece
- Dedicated 4pin connection cable with Gravity connector - 1 piece
In our offer you will also find other alarm sensors, including: carbon monoxide and smoke detector, carbon monoxide and gas detector for batteries and many others. Check it out!
Technical specification of the detector
- Detection: gas concentration or gas leakage
- Gas detection: carbon monoxide (CO), methane (CH4), ethanol (C2H5OH), hydrogen (H2), ammonia (NH3), nitrogen dioxide (NO2)
- Technology: MEMS
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V to 5.5 V DC
- Power consumption: 0.45 W at 5 V
- Compatible with controller supplied with a voltage in the range: 3.3 V to 5.5 V
- Communication interface: I2C
- Measuring range:
- 1 ppm to 1000 ppm (carbon monoxide CO)
- 10 ppm to 500 ppm (ethanol C2H5OH)
- 1 ppm to 1000 ppm (hydrogen H2)
- 1 ppm to 500 ppm (ammonia NH3)
- > 1000 ppm (methane CH4)
- Operating temperature: -30°C to 85°C
- Operating humidity: 5% to 95% RH (non-condensing)
- Module dimensions: 27 x 37 mm
- Mounting hole diameter:
- internal: 3.1 mm
- external: 6 mm
Sensor connection using DFRduino board (sold separately).