Product description: Gravity - Environmental sensor BME680 I2C - DFRobot SEN0248
MEMS4-in-1environmental sensor equipped withGravityconnector, manufactured by DFRobot. It has an embedded BoschBME680chip. The multifunctional module is a combination of a volatile organic compound(VOC) sensor, atemperaturesensor, ahumiditysensor, anda barometer. It is used as a component for monitoring indoorair quality, it is also used in monitoring environmental parameters, home automation. The use of MEMS technology andBME680chip makes the sensor small in size andlow in power consumption. Measuring range for temperature isfrom -40°C to 85°Cwith an accuracy of +/- 1°C; for humidityfrom 0% to 100% RHwith an accuracy of +/- 3% RH; for atmospheric pressurefrom 300 hPa to 1100 hPa with a measurement accuracy of +/- 0.6 hPa.
Product is compatible with Arduino
. Producer prepared detaileduser guideandlibraryfor Arduino IDE environment.
Example of sensor connection using Gravity connector andDFRduinoboard, Arduino equivalent. The board is not a part of kit, you can buy it separately in our shop.
Leads description and example connection diagram
The module hasleadsin the form of solderfields, to which you should solder includedgoldpin connectors. Alternatively, on the board of the sensor there is also a connector inGravitystandard, which greatly facilitates the connection with microcontroller. Connect thesensorto the microcontroller module according to the following description:
- VCC- power supply pin from 3,3 V to 5 V
- GND- system ground
- SCL- I2C interface clock line
- SDA- I2C interface data line
- CS- Chip Select; selection pin: data / command
- MISO- Master Input Slave Output
- MOSI- Master Output Slave Input
Technical specification of BME680 environmental sensor
- Module: Volatile organic compound (VOC), temperature, humidity and barometer sensor
- Embedded chip: BME680
- Technology: MEMS
- Embedded connector: Gravity I2C
- Optional connector: SPI
- Input voltage range: 3.3 V to 5 V
- Current consumption: 5 mA (25 mA for VOC measurement)
- Temperature measurement range: -40°C to 85°C
- Accuracy: +/- 1°C (from 0°C to 65°C)
- Humidity measuring range: 0% to 100% RH
- Measuring accuracy: +/- 3% RH (ranges from 20% to 80% RH at 25°C)
- Measuring range for atmospheric pressure: 300 hPa to 1100 hPa
- Measuring accuracy: +/- 0.6 hPa (ranges from 300 hPa to 1100 hPa at temperatures from 0°C to 65°C)
- IAQ* (indoor air quality) range: 0 to 500 ( the higher the score, the worse the air quality)
- Module dimensions: 30 x 22 mm
Note: IAQ (In-Door-Quality) calculation function is supported only when usingFireBeetle ESP8266microcontroller
The kit also includes dedicated goldpin connectors for you to solder yourself.
- Indoor air quality monitoring
- Element of a weather station
- Used in smart home projects
- Sensor to be placed on clothing
- Environmental sensor Gravity: BME680
- 1x6 goldpin strip - 2.54 mm pitch
- Gravity 4-pin connection cable
In our assortment you will also find otherenvironmental sensors. We invite you to familiarize yourself with the offer.