Board with the MTK3339 GPS module that can track up to 22 satellites on 66 channels. The system has a built-in antenna, the receiver's sensitivity is - 165 dB. It works with the pd voltages - 3 V to 5 V, it consumes only 20 mA of current. The update frequency is 10 Hz, which means the new data 10 times per second.
The module communicates via the digital UART communication interface (lines: TX and RX). It works with a voltage of 3.3 V, which means that you can connect it directly to the main controller of Adafruit Florawithconductive threads.
Monitoring the status
The LED indicator allows to monitor the status of the GPS module. Blinking with a frequency of about 1 Hz means finding the satellites, the appearance of light every 15 seconds indicates finding a FIX. The LED signal is displayed on the goldpin connector FIX so you can read it on the microcontroller.
Built-in ceramic antenna yields a sensitivity of 165 dB, for increasing this parameter, you can atatch the via the external version via connector u.FL. Since most of the available antennas have SMA connector, in our assortment, you will find a suitable adapter u.FL - SMA.
The MTK3339 module has a built-in Flash memory which allows the recording of measuring data. You need to send an appropriate command from miconcontroller, and the collected data (time, date, latitude and longitude) will be stored in memory. At that time, the microcontroller goes into sleep mode and can be woken up only after reading the collected information. Internal memory allows you to record up to 16 hours of data.
Basic module features:
- Supply voltage: from 3.3 V
- Current consumption: 25 mA - when searching the satellites, 20 mA - during navigation
- Communications: NMEA 0183, 9600 bps
- Positioning accuracy: up to 3M
- Sensitivity: -165 dBm
- Update: 10 Hz
- Low current consumption: about 20 mA
- The ability to track up to 22 satellites
- Built-in Flash memory to save data
- Warm/cold start: 34 seconds
- The LEDs indicating the FIX status
- Support for DGPS/WAAS/EGNOS
- Maximum height: the theoretical, indicated by the manufacturer - 40 km, tested - 32 km
- It has a built-in antenna and a connector for outputting an external u.FL version
- Built-in RTC provides a record of the actual time
- Provided free libraries facilitate the maintenance of the shield
- Diameter: 30.5 mm
- Height: 6.0 mm
- Weight: 5.5 g
Examples of projects
- Jacket with GPS
- LED Backpack
- NatGeo Watch
- Flora and accelerometer
- Glowing helmet
- GamePad in the form of a pillow
- Glowing belt
- LED pants
- Clothes changing colors - chameleon
- Smart glove