Product description: Raspberry Pi PoE+ HAT - Power over Ethernet for Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+ - SC0468
HAT is designed for Raspberry Pi 3B+ and 4B versions which are equipped with 4-pin PoE connector. It allows simultaneous communication with LAN and powering the minicomputer board via Ethernet (RJ45) connector. PoE HAT does not require installation of additional drivers for proper operation, it is a plug-and-play product. On the board there is a brushless fan designed to cool the processor of the minicomputer, it starts automatically when high temperature is detected. The input voltage of the module ranges from 37 V to 57 V. The output voltage is equal to 5 V and the current capacity is 4 A. A router / switch with PoE (Power over Ethernet) support is required for proper operation of the module.
This overlay allows powering Raspberry Pi 3B+ and 4B minicomputers with Ethernet cable using a PoE enabled router / switch.
Rules for safe use of Raspberry Pi PoE+ HAT
- Do not obstruct the fan
- Do not put anything between the blades while the fan is running
- The product must not be exposed to water or moisture
- The HAT must not be placed on a conductive surface
- PoE HAT must not be used in a too hot place. It is designed to operate at room temperature
- When lifting, be careful not to damage it mechanically
- Avoid electrostatic damage, do not touch the device during operation
- Peripheral devices should comply with relevant standards
Raspberry PoE+ HAT specification
- Full network power: IEEE 802.3at-2003 PoE
- Input voltage: 37 V to 57 V
- Output voltage: 5 V
- Output current: 4 A
- Output Power: max 20 W
- Built-in current sensor
- Built-in brushless fan 25 x 25 mm, 2.2 CFM
- Fan control
- Fully isolated power supply
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 50°C
- Pinouts: GPIO x 40
- 4 spacers included
- Dimensions: 65 x 56.5 mm
Convenient power supply for Raspberry Pi minicomputers
The specially designed PoE+ HAT overlay for the popular Raspberry Pi minicomputers allows you to power them using a PoE-enabled router or switch (via an Ethernet network cable). This means that the Raspberry Pi does not need an AC adapter to operate, making it much easier to install the minicomputer in locations where 230V mains access is limited.
A PoE compatible router or switch is required for the Raspberry Pi PoE HAT to work properly. The device requires 37V to 57V DC power supply. In addition to the planar transformer inverter, which provides 5V and 3A, the overlay also acts as an additional cooling system for the Raspberry Pi processor - A small fan significantly improves heat dissipation from the minicomputer components.