Product description: resin for 3D printer FormFutura Platinum LCD Series 0,5 kg - Translucent Red
Translucent red photopolymer resin. Used in open source3D printers, using light emitted by DLP and LCD projectors to form prints. It cures when exposed to light wavelengths between385 nm and 420 nm. During printing, theresinemits small amounts of unpleasant odour. It is characterized by short exposure time. Finished models obtained from FormFutura Platinum LCD Series are characterized by high detail and smooth surface. The package contains0.5 kg of the product.
Main features of Platinum LCD Series resins
- Emits a small amount of odor during printing
- Resistance to weather conditions and UV radiation
- Faster printing due to short exposure time
- Produce high-resolution, highly detailed models
- Offers vibrant, long-lasting colors without discoloration (available in translucent and opaque versions)
- Resins have low shrinkage and water absorption (absorbency)
- Used in model and figure printing and functional prototyping
Steps to be taken before starting printing
- Shake the bottle for at least 2 minutes before each use.
- Then leave the resin for about 10 minutes to let the air bubbles escape from the resin
- After printing, unused resin can be transferred from the printer tank to the bottle
Always wear protective equipment when handling the resin:gogglesand nitrile gloves.
Final processing of the finished 3D printout
- Ready model should be rinsed in isopropyl alcohol (IPA) or bioethanol for about 5 minutes.
- The manufacturer recommends the use of ultrasonic cleaner.
- Before further curing check if the model is completely dry after rinsing
- Place the rinsed parts in a well-ventilated room for at least 30 min. (Compressed air can also be used for at least 2 minutes).
- Cure the objects in a special chamber for 20 to 30 minutes at 65°C
- Recommended curing wavelength is from 300 nm to 410 nm
- When grinding resin, respiratory protection is absolutely necessary
Specification of Platinum Series LCD resin
- Viscosity: 500 cps at 25°C
- Density: 1.18 g/cm2
The table shows the mechanical parameters of the cured resin. Tested objects were cured for 10 minutes with high power mercury curing.
|Glass transition temperature (Tg)||51°C||ASTM D7028|
|Water absorption||0,4%||ASTM D570-98|
|Impact strength (IZOD)||18 J/m||ASTM D256A|
|Tensile Strength||45 MPa||ASTM D638M|
|Tensile Resilience||1000 MPa||ASTM D638M|
|Elongation at tension||8%||ASTM D638M|
|Bending Strength||66 MPa||ASTM D790M|
|Elasticity||1800 MPa||ASTM D2240|
|Shore Hardness||82||ASTM D2240|