Product description: Gravity - 2x2A Motor Shield - dual channel 35 V / 2 A motor controller - overlay for Arduino - DFRobot DRI0017
An overlay for Arduino manufactured by DFRobot that allows you to control two 35 V / 2 A DC motors. Equipped with L298P chip which allows to control direction and speed of connected motors. The overlay provides an output current of up to 2 A per channel. Uses only four Arduino pins, can be powered from both base board and external source, however manufacturer strongly recommends using external power supply.
Note that the overlay is not compatible with I/O Expansion Shield V7.1 from DFRobot.
Product compatible with Arduino
A detailed user guide is available on the manufacturer's website, which greatly facilitates getting started with the module. Among other things, it contains connection instructions and sample program code.
Elements layout on the board
- Power Selection Jumper. Motors can be powered from external power source (PWMIN) or VIN, which is set by default, from Arduino control board (e.g. UNO).
- PWRIN Terminal - a screw connector for connecting an external power source.
- Motor Terminal - screw connector (M1-, M1+, M2, -M2+) for motor connection and pins (1, 2, 3, 4) as alternative connection.
- Analog 3Pin Port - pin for connecting sensors or actuators.
- Motor Indicator - motor operation indicator signalled by red and green LEDs.
- Control Port - control port, used to control speed and direction of motor rotation.
- Control Table - control table.
- Motor supply voltage: from 4.8 V to 35 V
- Power supply from Arduino: from 7 V to 12 V
- external power supply: from 4.8 V to 35 V
- Maximum output current: up to 2 A per channel
- Total power dissipation: 25 W (T = 75°C)
- Control: H-bridge L298P
- Number of motors supported (channels): 2
- Operating voltage: 5 V
- Power source: external power supply or VIN pin from Arduino
- Output port: 2 channel screw terminals or male pin connectors
- Control port: 4 TTL compatible digital signals (digital 10-13)
- Speed control possible via PWM signal
- Operating temperature range: from -25°C to 130°C
- Module dimensions: 56 x 57 mm
- Weight: 35 g