Product description: Gravity - LIS2DW12 - 3-axis accelerometer ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g - I2C - DFRobot SEN0409
Gravity module in a form of 3-axis accelerometer, which allows to measure linear acceleration. It has a built-in LIS2DW12 chip (belonging to the popular LIS series) and is powered by a voltage in the range of 3.3 V to 5 V. Additionally, the sensor from DFRobot has the ability to measure acceleration in the range of ± 2 g / ± 4 g / ± 8 g / ± 16 g. The measurement frequency ranges from 1.6 Hz to 1600 Hz.
- Free fall detection
- Activity detection and recording
- Single/double touch detection
- Self-balancing robot
- Human Activity Detection
- 6D / 4D orientation detection
Leads description and connection diagram
The module has a Gravity compliant connector. Thanks to it there is no need to solder additional connectors, and whole connection process is much faster and more comfortable.
- VCC/+ - power pin in 5 V / 3.3 V
- GND/- - chip mask
- SCL/C - I2C communication interface clock line
- SDA/D - I2C communication interface data line
- Gravity - H3LIS200DL - 3-axis accelerometer - I2C - from DFRobot
- Gravity 4-pin I2C/UART connection cable - 1 pc.
What is accelerometer? What is it used for?
Accelerometer is a sensor that allows to determine selected body parameters. We're talking about acceleration measurement (in three axes), so the term accelerometer is used interchangeably. Accelerometer is a transducer that measures linear acceleration, that is, it measures its own motion. Not sure where an accelerometer is used? It's easy - you can even find one in your mobile phone.
You can learn more about accelerometer in the article available on our blog - welcome!
What is accelerometer? Answers to this question can be found on Botland blog!
Technical specification of Gravity sensor from DFRobot
- Module type: accelerometer
- Purpose: to measure linear acceleration
- Embedded chip: LIS2DW12
- Acceleration measurement range: ± 2 g / ± 4 g / ± 8 g / ± 16 g
- Measuring frequency: 1.6 Hz to 1600 Hz
- Supply voltage range: 3.3 V to 5 V
- Operating current:
- 8 µA to 10 µA in low power mode
- approximately 0.12 mA in high performance mode
- Connector standard: Gravity
- Communication interface: I2C bus
- I2C interface address:
- 0x19 (default)
- 0x18 (optional)
- 16-bit data output
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
- Shock resistance 10000 g
- Sleep and wake-up function
- Very low noise level: 1.3 mg RMS (low power consumption mode)
- 32-level FIFO
- ECOPACK, RoHS and Green compliant
- Module dimensions: 27 x 27 mm
- Mounting hole size:
- inner diameter: 3.1 mm
- external diameter: 6 mm