Product description: 5.8 GHz microwave radar module - for object motion detection - DFRobot SEN0521
A module with a microwave sensor that transmits an electromagnetic wave with a frequency of 5.8 GHz . It can detect the difference between the transmitted wave and the reflected wave in order to determine whether an object is moving in the detection area. It is characterized by very high reliability and sensitivity, it is resistant to interference. It is widely used in projects such as intelligent lighting, energy-saving home lighting, property protection, it can also be found in applications monitoring traffic, home appliances and many others.
The microwave radar module and the motion sensor - differences
The capabilities of microwave radar modules based on an electromagnetic wave are much greater than that of standard motion and distance sensors, which can only detect the presence (e.g. of a human) by detecting large body movements. The microwave sensor, in turn, is very sensitive, thanks to which it can detect the presence of a human even after the slightest movement - it reads micromovements, such as breathing or finger movement.
- Avoid aiming the sensor directly at the air conditioner, curtain, fan or other installation, as the swaying and movement of these objects may distort the measurements and erroneously detect motion.
- Pay attention to multiple reflections - especially mirror images, which also interfere with the measurement.
- Proper configuration of parameters such as maximum detection distance, sensitivity and delay time can exclude some objects from the observation zone.
- When installing several modules at the same time - remember to keep a minimum distance of 1.5 m between them and place them parallel to each other.
Pinout description and connection diagram
- R - data reception
- T - data transmission
- O - control signal output
- "-" - mass of the system
- "+" - power supply to the system
- 5.8 GHz microwave radar module - for object detection - DFRobot SEN0521 - 1 piece
- Goldpin strip 1x5 pin - 2.54 mm raster - 1 piece
Technical specification of the module
- Type: microwave radar
- Operating voltage range: 4.5 V to 5.5 V
- Current consumption: 22 mA
- Maximum detection distance: 11m
- Detection angle: 120x120 °
- Equivalent transmit power: 3 dBm to 5 dBm
- Modulation mode: FMCW, CW
- Working frequency: 5.8 GHz
- Transmission speed: 115200 baud
- Module dimensions: 20 x 18 mm