Product description: WS1850S RFID 2 reader - Unit expansion module for M5Stack development modules
RFID 2 module as an extension of the Unit type from M5Stack. Operating at a frequency of 13.56 MHz and equipped with the WS1850S chip, which allows you to read and write cards and tags . It is used in broadly understood access control systems, various types of storage systems, and even in the construction of a vehicle and equipment registration system. The communication module uses the I2C interface. The set includes the RFID 2 module and the connecting cable with the Grove connector.
Check also the user's guide prepared by the manufacturer!
How does RFID work? Definition of RFID
Let's start with what RFID stands for - Radio Frequency Identification. The RFID system is a technology that uses radio waves to wirelessly identify virtually any object. The use of RFID can be found in every field of business - including logistics, trade and distribution, construction and the IT industry.
- Efficient and automated scanning
- Scanning without direct tag visibility - you can put RFID in your wallet and scan without having to pull it out
- Scanning multiple tags simultaneously
- Dynamic data in the memory of the record / data system
- Possibility of multiple use of tags
- Built-in chip: WS1850S
- Working frequency: 13.56 MHz
- Communication interface: I2C
- I2C interface address: 0x28
- Data transmission speed:
- Up to 400 Kbps in Fast mode
- Up to 3400 Kbps in High-speed mode
- RC522 transceiver buffer: 64 bytes
- Supported protocols: ISO14443A, MIFARE, NTAG
- Working temperature: -20 ° C to 85 ° C
- Maximum write and read distance: <20 mm="" li="">
- Dimensions: 48 x 24 x 8 mm
- Weight: 6 g