Product description: Gravity - alcohol sensor 0-5ppm - I2C / UART - DFRobot SEN0376
Sensormanufactured byDFRobotforaccurate measurementofalcoholconcentration in the air. It is used during low alcohol concentration measurement, inbreathalyzers, smart vehicles and projects containinggasdetection mission. Measured measuring range isfrom 0 ppm to 5 ppm. The module has aGravitycompatible connector and uses two interfaces: anI2Cbus and aUARTto communicate with the main module. It is compatible with microcontrollers such as Arduino.
The product iscompatible with Arduino
There is aProduct Wiki Pageavailable on the manufacturer's website, which includes a detailed user guide,wiring diagramandlibraryfor the Arduino IDE environment.
Description of module pinouts
- D/T (SDA/TX)- I2C communication interface data line pin / UART interface data transmission pin.
- C/R (SCL/RX)- I2C communication interface clock line pin / UART data transmission pin.
- - (GND)- chip ground pin.
- + (VCC)- power supply pin from 3.3 V to 5 V.
Technical specification of Alcohol sensor from DFRobot
- Gases that may affect reliability: benzene (C6H6), toluene (C7H8), acetic acid (CH3COOH), hydrogen sulfide (H2S), carbon monoxide (CO)
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V to 5 V DC
- Power: 0.05 W (at 5 V supply)
- Communication interface: I2C / UART
- Measuring range: 0 ppm to 5 ppm
- Measurement resolution: < 0.01 ppm (10 ppb)
- Preheating time: ≤3 min
- Response time: ≤60 s
- Recovery time: ≤60 s
- Operating temperature range: -20°C to 50°C
- Permissible humidity during operation: 15% to 90% RH
- Storage temperature: from 0°C to 25°C
- Connectors: connectors compatible with Gravity system
- Module dimensions: 27 x 37 mm
Contents of the kit
- Alcohol sensor
- Connection cable with Grove connector
- Spacer sleeve M3 x 10 mm - 4 pcs.
- Mounting screws M5 x 5 mm - 8 pcs.
- When the module is first commissioned, it is recommended that the preheating should last for approximately 24 to 48 hours.
- The alcohol concentration during preheating will stabilize after 3 minutes, so ignore the data generated during this time.