Product description: 2.4/5.8 GHz WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 USB module - Odroid 5B
Module allowing wireless communicationWiFi 2.4 / 5.8GHz in standard802.11 b / g / n / acandBluetooth 4.2. It works with a series ofOdroidmodules running Android and Linux. Module equipped with a Realtek RTL8821CU chip supporting data transfer rates of about 200 Mbps. Odroid 5B can also work as an Access Point. The device communicates with a computer through a USB 2.0 interface, has been closed in a black plastic housing.
What is WiFi / Bluetooth module
WiFi / Bluetooth module allows you to extend the functionality of computers, minicomputers and laptops to communicate with a wireless network Dual-Band WiFi 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz, as well as the standard Bluetooth 4.2 (not BLE). The data transfer speed is about 200 Mbps. In order for the module to function properly, you need to update the system in the Odroid and plug the module into the USB port of the minicomputer.
Manufacturer provides auser guideto get started with WiFi / Bluetooth module.
Odroid 5B WiFi and Bluetooth module specifications
- Chip: Realtek RTL8821CU (USB ID = 0BDA:C820, Initial CDROM mode = 0BDA:1A2B)
- Security: 64 / 128 / 152-bit WEP, WPA/WPA-PSK, WPA2/WPA2-PSK
- WiFi frequency:
- 2.4 to 2.483 GHz
- 5.725 to 5.825 GHz
- WLAN standard: IEEE 802.11 b / g / n / ac
- Data transmission speed: about 200 Mbps
- Bluetooth: 2.1 / 3.0 / 4.2 (not BLE)
- Interface: USB 2.0 High-Speed
- Antenna gain: 2 dBi
- WiFi activity status LED
- Dimensions: 36 x 19 x 9 mm
- Weight: 5 g