Product description: DFRobot Solar Power Manager 9 V / 12 V / 18 V
Module that manages energy from solar panels. Powered by 9 V / 12 V / 18 V panels. It has a converter with three individual ON / OFF buttons and outputs:
- 5 V / 1.5 A;
- 3.3 V / 1 A;
- 9 V / 0.5 A,
- 12 V / 0.5 A,
Thus, it can be used as a charger of 3.7 V Li-Pol packs or USB charger. The module has also a number of protections: against reverse polarity, too high temperature, short circuit.
Example of connection with Arduino.
Main features of DFRobot Solar Power Manager
- MPPT constant voltage algorithm, increasing the efficiency of the solar panel.
- Solar panel input voltage from 7 to 30 V.
- Different charging modes: solar / AC adapter / USB charger (maximum current 2 A).
- Three individually controlled, adjustable ON / OFF power supply for low power applications.
- Ceramic capacitors (MLCC), safe, stable, high quality.
- Various protections.
- USB connector with ESD.
Application of Power Management Modules
- Solar powered robot
- Intelligent solar environment monitoring system
- Intelligent solar street lamp
- Solar power bank
Technical specifications of DFRobot Solar Power Manager
- Circuit: LTC3652
- Solar input voltage: from 7V to 30V
- Battery input: Li-Pol 3.7 V 1C
- Charging current: 2 A max.
- Charge cut-off voltage: 4,2 V ± 1 %
- MPPT voltage settings: OFF / 9 V / 12 V / 18 V
- USB input voltage: 5 V
- Adjustable power supply:
- OUT1: 5 V / 1.5 A
- OUT2: 3.3 V / 1 A
- OUT3: 9 V / 12 V / 0.5 A
- Adjustable power supply efficiency:
- OUT1: 86 % at 50 % load
- OUT2: 92 % at 50 % load
- OUT3 (9 V): 89 % at 50 % load
- USB charging capacity: 84 % at 1 A
- Solar charge efficiency (18 V): 78 % at 1 A
- Maximum quiescent current: less than 3 mA
- BAT IN: against overcharging / against discharging / against too high current / against reverse polarity
- OUT1 - OUT-2 / USB output: against short circuit / against overcurrent / against overheating
- SOLAR IN: against reverse polarity
- Operating temperature: from -40 °C to 85 °C
- Dimensions: 78 x 68 mm
- Solar Power Manager
- 3x black jumpers
- 4x nylon spacer M3
- 4x Screw M3
- Aluminium heat sink 14 x 14 mm
- 14 x 14 mm silicone thermal paste
- Female DC connector adapter