Product description: Thermocouple Amplifier - MCP9601 I2C temperature transmitter - STEMMA QT / Qwiic - Adafruit 5165
Module manufactured by Adafruit with integrated MCP9601 chip. It has two Qwiic connectors and supports up to 8 types of thermocouples: K, J, T, N, S, E, B and R (their ranges are listed in the product specification). The module can be used with any microcontroller or chip with I2C communication. Moreover, it is also possible to set alerts for temperature rise or fall.
Product is compatible with Raspberry Pi and Arduino!
Detailed user guide is available on manufacturer's website. You will find there a description of pins and instructions for connecting to particular modules.
Special features of Thermocouple Amplifier
- Supports 8 types of thermocouples (K, J, T, N, S, E, B, and R).
- It has freely programmable registers that increase the flexibility of design execution in various temperature sensing applications.
- Among other things, the registers allow the user to set a low power mode for battery powered projects.
- Thermocouple Amplifier - MCP9601 I2C temperature transmitter - STEMMA QT / Qwiic
- 1x9 goldpin strip - 2.54 mm pitch
- Terminal connector 1x2
Technical specification Thermocouple Amplifier - temperature transmitter
- Embedded chip: MCP9601 (MCP96L01)
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V / 5 V
- Communication interface: I2C bus
- Support for 8 thermocouples: type K, J, T, N, S, E, B and R
- Temperature range:
- type K: from -200°C to +1372°C
- type J: from -150°C to +1200°C
- Type T: from -200°C to +400°C
- type N: from -150°C to +1300°C
- type E: from -200°C to +1000°C
- type S: from +250°C to +1664°C
- type B: from +1000°C to +1800°C
- type R: from +250°C to +1664°C
- typical: ±2,0°C
- minimum: ±4.0°C
- ADC resolution: ± 0.0625°C
- Connectors: STEMMA QT / Qwiic / solder fields
- Module dimensions: 25.5 x 18 x 4.6 mm