Product description: SenseCAP S2105 - sensor of EC electrical conductivity, temperature and soil moisture - LoRaWAN - Seeedstudio 114992871
SenseCAP S2105 wireless EC electrical conductivity, temperature and soil moisture sensor. The sensor uses the long-range LoRaWAN and Bluetooth protocols for communication. SenseCAP S2105 can be used in harsh industrial environments thanks to its IP66 housing. The sensor measures electrical conductivity from 0 dS/m to 23 dS/m, soil moisture from 0% to 100% (m3/m3) and temperature from -40°C to 80°C . It is based on FDR technology, which allows for quick configuration, secure connection, accurate and wide-range measurements and simple calibration.
Main features of the SenseCAP S2105 sensor
- Simple setup : the sensor requires no programming, the user-friendly environment allows users to complete setup in four quick steps.
- SenseCAP mobile application : the manufacturer has prepared an application for mobile devices - SenseCAP Mate.
- Minimum cost of maintenance : the device is closed in a sealed IP66 housing, is configured via Bluetooth and equipped with a 19 Ah battery.
- Compatible with worldwide LoRaWAN networks: SenseCAP works with different bands of LoRaWAN gateways and multiple LoRaWAN network servers (Helium, TTN, etc.) to enable fast connection to local LoRaWAN networks.
- High Performance Guarantee : Passed rigorous reliability testing to ensure high performance and long life.
Easy setup of the soil temperature and moisture sensor
The SenseCAP S2105 electrical conductivity, soil temperature and moisture sensor is self-identified with a QR code and number, allowing users to complete the entire setup in 4 simple steps. The module is friendly for people with limited technical background, simple configuration allows you to quickly start measuring humidity and temperature.
- Download the SenseCAP Mate app
- Connect to the sensor via Bluetooth
- Set parameters:
- Platform and frequency plan
- uplink interval
- EUI and key
SenseCAP Mate mobile app
SenseCAP Mate is a user-friendly tool for data visualization and remote device management. The user can view the data and check the status of the devices at the same time via Bluetooth. Moreover, the user can set thresholds (focus on the data they need to take action on), intervals (improve battery performance) and set alarms if the data read is outside the safe range.
Minimum maintenance cost
SenseCAP S2015 can transmit data over long distances, up to 2 km in urban areas and up to 10 km in rural areas, while maintaining low power consumption during data transmission. Remote monitoring via Bluetooth ensures the greatest efficiency by saving time and effort needed to configure and manage devices. It meets the demand for LoRaWAN-based IoT solutions with a replaceable battery that lasts up to 10 years of use and an industrial IP66 housing that can operate in temperatures from -40°C to 85°C and harsh environmental conditions.
- Wireless data transmission within the range of up to 2 km in urban areas and up to 10 km in a straight line without interference.
- Bluetooth communication for quick configuration of the device via the application.
- IP66 protection class.
- Ultra low energy consumption. The battery lasts for 10 years of using the sensor.
- Electrical conductivity, soil moisture and temperature sensor.
Compatible with worldwide LoRaWAN networks
SenseCAP can work with various LoRaWAN networks, offering multi-server connectivity and extensive integration with IoT platforms. Refer to the user's guide to learn more about the separate network architecture when choosing different LoRaWAN servers and networking platforms.
High performance guaranteed
SenseCAP S210x sensors passed 6 reliability tests prior to launch and met the requirements to operate in extreme environmental conditions. The manufacturer shall ensure that the performance and durability of the sensors comply with their specifications throughout their life cycle.
Sensor application examples.
Using the SenseCAP S2105 sensor
- Irrigation systems. Accurate soil moisture monitoring is essential for efficient and effective agricultural irrigation techniques. The S2105 electrical conductivity, soil moisture and temperature sensor can help you increase your yield. The right percentage of soil moisture also keeps nutrients in the root zone.
- Planting in greenhouses and gardens. Soil moisture and temperature are strongly related to farm performance. Too much moisture leads to crop loss and plant mortality, too little to root disease and water wastage.
- Turf and lawn management. The successful implementation of soil moisture and temperature monitoring also applies to turf/lawn management. SenseCAP S2105 can help turf managers realize real savings and benefits by scientifically and accurately analyzing turf and lawn moisture.
- Drought monitoring. Regional droughts can severely affect the economy and even lead to famine in some parts of the world. Soil moisture is critical to understanding the interactions between the atmosphere and the earth's surface. Accurate knowledge of soil temperature and moisture with SenseCAP S2105 can help predict and characterize droughts.
SenseCAP S2105 sensor specification
- EC electrical conductivity:
- measuring range: from 0 dS/m to 23 dS/m
- from 0dS/m to 5dS/m: ± 5%
- from 5dS/m to 23dS/m: ± 10%
- from 0dS/m to 5dS/m: 0.01dS/m
- from 5dS/m to 23dS/m: 0.1dS/m
- soil temperature:
- measuring range: -40°C to 80°C
- from 0°C to 50°C: ± 0.5°
- -40°C to 0°C, 50°C to 80°C: ± 1°C
- resolution: 0.1°C
- Soil moisture:
- measuring range: from 0% to 100%
- from 0% to 50%: ± 3%
- from 50% to 100%: ± 5%
- from 0% to 50%: 0.1%
- from 50% to 100%: 0.5%
- Model: S2105
- Microcontroller: Wi-E5
- Protocol Supported: LoRaWAN v1.0.3 Class A
- Built-in Bluetooth: parameter change via app
- LoRaWAN Channel Plan: IN865 / EU868 / US915 / AU915 / AS923 / KR920 / RU864 (supports 7 plans)
- transmission power: 19 dBm
- Sensitivity: -136 dBm for SF12 BW = 125 kHz
- Communication range: from 2 km to 10 km (depending on the terrain)
- Sealing class: IP66
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Operating humidity: 0% to 100% RH
- Battery life: 10 years
- Battery capacity: 19Ah
- Battery type: standard size D SOCI2
- Probe length: 5 m
- Weight: 405g
- SenseCAP S2105
- Self-drilling screws KA 4 x 20 mm
- Quick User Guide