Product description: Air pressure sensor - barometer - 260-4060hPa - LPS28DFW - Qwiic - SparkFun SEN-21221
Piezoresistive sensor from SparkFun for measuring air pressure equipped with the LPS28DFW system from STMicroelectronics. It enables absolute pressure measurement in two ranges: from 260 hPa to 1260 hPa (mode 1) or from 260 hPa to 4060 hPa (mode 2). In both modes, measurements are returned with an accuracy of 0.5 hPa . Communication takes place via the I2C bus with the default address 0x5C . In addition, there are two Qwiic connectors on the board, allowing for rapid prototyping, and solder pads that are an alternative connection to which wires should be soldered. The module has also been equipped with an additional protection against moisture (it is not fully waterproof, but it can be used near water).
Also check the manufacturer's user guide !
What does a barometer measure? What is atmospheric pressure?
A barometer is a type of environmental sensor that allows you to measure air pressure (atmospheric pressure). In turn, atmospheric pressure depends on weather conditions and may vary depending on the altitude at which the measurement is made. Wondering what atmospheric pressure is good for humans? The value of atmospheric pressure, the so-called normal pressure is 1013.25 hPa and decreases with increasing altitude. Only pressure above this value is considered high and dangerous. Want to learn more about barometers? For this occasion, we have prepared a special article: Barometric pressure sensor - what is it? Arduino Tutorial .
Sensor technical specification
- Type: barometer, air pressure and temperature sensor, barometric sensor
- Sensor type: piezoresistive
- Built-in chip: LPS28DFW
- Pressure measurement range:
- mode 1: 260 hPa to 1260 hPa
- mode 2: from 260 hPa to 4060 hPa
- Absolute measurement accuracy: 0.5 hPa
- Supply voltage range: from 1.7V to 3.6V
- Communication interface: I2C
- I2C interface address
- 0x5C - default
- 0x5D - alternative
- Data transfer speeds:
- I2C: 1Hz to 200Hz
- Interrupt functions:
- built-in FIFO buffer
- threshold value
- Pins: solder pads / 2x Qwiic connector
- Board dimensions: 25.4 x 25.4 mm
- Air pressure sensor - barometer - 260-4060hPa - LPS28DFW - Qwiic - SparkFun SEN-21221 - 1 piece
The address of the I2C bus can be changed with a jumper.