The module is designed to measure the intensity of RGB light, separately for red, green and blue. For example, when the measurement is performed for the blue colors, a suitable filter blocks red and green. It is powered with the voltage of 3.3 V, and communicates through an I2C interface. Read measurement data may be, for example, for pattern matching or to help a mobile robot in the decision making.
The sensor operates with a voltage of 3.3 V, to connect it to the module operating at 5 Volts, it is necessary to applya voltage converter,for example, a module from the SparkFunorMSX.
The product is compatible with Arduino
The manufacturer offers auser manualandlibraryfor users ofArduino.
The module has five holes for goldpin connectors- 2.54 mm pitch (not included in package, sold separately). All pins are appropriately signed on the board. For facilitating the connectivity, the manufacturer has installed the resistors pulling up the line of the I2C bus (10 kΩ). Items can be disconnected by cutting the connection between the pads of the jumper SDA 3.3 V SCL.
|GND||The ground of the module.|
|3.3 V||Supply voltage is 3.3 V.|
|SDA||The data line of the I2C bus - it works with a voltage of 3.3 V.|
|SCL||The clock line of the I2C bus - it works with a voltage of 3.3 V.|
|INT||The external interrupt.|
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V
- Current consumption: up to 56 µA
- The choice of range
- Communication: I2C bus (compatible with SMSBus)
- Built-in resistors pulling up the line of the I2C bus 10 kΩ,
- The resolution of the built-in converter-ADC: 16-bit
- Connectors: holes for goldpin strap - 2.54 mm pitch (not included in package, sold separately)
- Two mounting holes with a diameter of 3 mm
- Module dimensions: 13 x 12 mm