Product description: FeatherWing Joy - mini console - frontend for Feather - Adafruit 3632
FeatherWing Joy from Adafruit is a mini con sole that can be used with Feather family modules and Arduino. It has one joystick, allowing to control in two axes, five utility buttons, including 4 big ones: X, Y, A, B and one small SELECT, and additional RESET button. The FeatherWing Joy communicates over the I2C bus, so it takes up very few GPIO pins. The interface address is configurable, defaulting to 0x49. Supported development environments include Arduino IDE and CircuitPython. Dedicated libraries are available on the manufacturer's website.
Leads of FeatherWing Joy are solder fields. Descriptions of each pin are provided on the underside of the product.
Pinout description of FeatherWing Joy from Adafruit
FeatherWing Joy mini console module has leads, in the form of solder fields, to which you need to solder the goldpin connectors included in the set. Then, connect the leads according to the following relationships:
- 3.3 V - power supply pin 3.3 V.
- GND - chip ground pin.
- RST - RESET pin
- SDA - I2C logic pin, communication interface data line.
- SCL - I2C logic pin, communication interface clock line.
- A0 / A1 - I2C address pins, default interface address(configurable)
- Optional Interrupt Pin - optional interrupt pins.
FeatherWing Joy technical specifications
- Compatible with Feather modules
- I2C communication interface
- I2C communication interface address:
- default: 0x49
- alternative: 0x4A, 0x4B or 0x4C
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V DC
- Control buttons:
- 2-axis joystick
- 5 utility buttons, including 4 large (X, Y, A, B) and 1 small (SELECT)
- RESET button
- Supported programming environments:
- Arduino IDE
- Mini console dimensions: 50 x 23 x 14.5 mm
- Weight: 7.3 g
- Soldering required
- FeatherWing Joy mini console module
- Goldpin connectors with 2.54 mm pitch (for self-soldering)