Product description: Shelly 1L - 230 V AC relay without N line WiFi 4 A - Android / iOS application
In-box relay to control 230 V AC devices with current consumption of up to 4.1 A. Shelly 1L module does not require a neutral N line to work properly, so there is no need to rewire the electrical system in the house / apartment, but Shelly Bypass is required. The device is equipped with temperature protection, which protects the module and the electrical devices connected to it by disconnecting power when the temperature limit is exceeded. It uses a WiFi connection for communication, and does not require an additional control panel or cloud for proper operation. Thanks to REST API and MQTT it can be easily connected to the existing automation system.
Main features of Shelly 1L module
- Wireless - no hub required, connects directly to your home WiFi network.
- Does not require a neutral N line - allows you to control devices using only the L phase line, does not require the connection of the N line (in this case, it is necessary to use Shelly Bypass - to be purchased separately).
- Wide compatibility - compatible with Android, iOS, Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Overheat protection - Shelly 1L will shut off when the temperature exceeds its upper limit protecting itself and connected devices.
- Sunrise and sunset detection - allows you to control your devices according to sunrise and sunset.
- Weekly schedule - allows you to create a weekly schedule for turning devices on/off.
- REST API - allows you to implement the module into your existing home automation system.
- MQTT - easy integration of Shelly 1L into an existing home server using MQTT or CoAP protocol.
Shelly 1L wiring diagram
Before connecting, disconnect power to the circuit where it will be installed. The module should be mounted in a place protected from external conditions, protected from access of third parties. The controller does not require N line for proper operation (then bypass is required).
The module has 7 leads in form of screw connectors, which can be connected with a screwdriver:
- SW1 and SW2 - input for connecting the switch.
- SX - input for connecting the switch.
- N - power supply, neutral / negative pole.
- L - power supply, phase / positive pole.
- O - source output of the controlled device.
- Debugging port
Shelly 1L module specification
- Supply voltage: 110 V to 230 V AC, 50 / 60 Hz
- Maximum load: 4.1 A (momentary 5 A)
- Number of channels: 1
- Protection: temperature
- Operation without N line
- Minimum load: 20 W
- Communication: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz
- Signal strength: 1 mW
- Range: up to 50 m outdoors, up to 30 m indoors (depending on building materials)
- Dimensions: 39 x 36 x 17 mm