Product description: Smart AI Lens kit - AI lens for BBC micro:bit - ElecFreaks EF05045
TheSmart AI Lens kit is an extension to the popular micro:bit module, designed to promote the learning of programming to young children. The Smart AI Lens kit extends the capabilities of the micro:bit by adding an AI lens that enables face recognition, ball tracking and card identification. The product features an RJ11 communication port. The Micro:IoT expansion board can be used to connect the lens. The package includes Smart AI Lens, two colored balls, 41 cards, RJ11 - RJ11 cable, RJ11 cable with lead out for 4 separate wires.
Smart AI Lens kit - AI lens for BBC micro:bit.
You can connect the Smart AI Lens kit using a cable with RJ11 connectors on both sides, or you can use a cable with four wires coming out of one side. Connecting the Smart AI Lens to the Micro: IoT board requires the use of the following pins:
- GND - black wire
- VCC - red wire
- Pin 19 (SDA) - green wire
- Pin 20 (SCL) - yellow wire
Designed specifically for children
Smart AI Lens kit is made of durable, shatterproof material. The lens components are well protected, which extends the life of the entire device. The product can be combined with sets of LEGO bricks. It does not require additional power supply. The cards and identification balls included in the set are easy to use and require experience in working with the platform. At the same time, they can form the basis for more complex projects.
Graphic programming method
The Smart AI Lens kit can be programmed in the same way as the basic micro:bit module. One of the simplest methods, intended mainly for the youngest users, is using the MakeCode graphical editor. The picture illustrates an example of using code written in a flowchart.
In which projects can the Smart AI Lens kit be used?
- Identification of cards attached to the kit
- Line tracing
- Colour recognition
- Tracking the coloured ball attached to the kit
- Face recognition
Smart AI Lens kit specifications
- Operating voltage: 3,3 V
- Lens: 90° wide-angle
- Resolution: 24 x 240 px
- Display diagonal: 1,3''
- Available communication connectors: microUSB, RJ11
- Communication protocol: IIC
- Compatibility: LEGO bricks
- Housing material: ABS
- Lens module dimensions: 35.96 x 60.90 mm
- Package dimensions (plastic case for the whole set): 92 x 145 x 40 mm
Contents of the kit
- Smart AI Lens
- Colored balls (red and blue) - 2 pcs.
- Cards for identification - 41 pcs.
- Cable RJ11 - RJ11 with 200 mm length
- RJ11 to RJ11 cable with 4 leads and a length of 200 mm
- Plastic case for storing the set