The product has been discontinued. Check others products incategory.
Shield of Hat type for Raspberry Pi, version 3B+ / 3B / 2B with RCA connectors. It is used in device of high quality, system DAC is based on the ESS SABRE 9038 chipset, working in master mode, provides the highest-quality sound. The device is characterized by a very small deviation of the jitter - 390 fs. The set contains the Opamp board in versionSound Quality (SQ).
What distinguishes the Katana DAC?
Katana DAC consists of three boards layered on Raspberry Pi:
- Katana Board: contains the ESS9038 DAC system and oscillators NDK with extremely low frequency for MCLK
- Katana Opamp Board: represents analog output phase, on which all the discrete circuits of the OP-amp are converted into analogue channels, left and right (XLR balanced and RCA unbalanced
- SQ: 100,5 Thd + n balanced 1kHz - board is optimalized in terms of quality of sound. Sparing few numbers to thd+n, the module has the sound similar to analog.
- THD: 112.9 Thd + n balanced 1kHz - module does not make interrupts in music. It sounds very good (to buy in other version)
- The difference between SQ and THD depends on the system and own preferences. Both versions have very good sound
- Katana Micro-Controller Board: controls the functionality of the DAC with the downloaded firmware. The microcontroller receives configuration parameters for the DAC to the Raspberry via the I2C interface. It can also transmit a voltage via the integrated DC-DC converter to Opamp board.
|Detailed product description is onthe website of the manufacturerandthe user manual.|
- Power supply: 5 V / 3 A, through USB-C connector (powering together with Raspberry) - other forms of power are available inthe user guide
- Dedicated 384kHz/32bit ESS SABRE 9038 DAC chip
- Support of DSD 64, DSD 128 and FLAC files via DoP
- 2 RCA outputs
- 2 places for soldering the outputs XLR
- DAC THD+N (1 kHz, 0 dBfs), at -112.75
- Sampling frequency from 44.1 kHz to 384 kHz