Product description: Allo I2S Isolator V1.2 Clean Power - Galvanic isolator between SBC minicomputer and DAC
Galvanic isolator between minicomputer and DAC sound card in form of an overlay for Raspberry Pi, works withKatanaandBossDAC overlays.I2C, I2S and GPIOlines are isolated. The isolator supports sampling frequenciesfrom 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz. Additional I2C interface pins have been brought out on the board.
Overlay power supply
The isolator requires a 5V main power supply and a clean power supply as an auxiliary. The main power can be supplied in two ways, through the Raspberry or through the built-in USB C connector.
Main power supply
The J26 jumper is used to select the main power source.
- When this is in place, power is provided via the USB Type C connector. In this configuration, the Raspberry is also powered from the socket mentioned above.
- Removing the jumper allows the isolator to be powered from within the Raspberry Pi.
Additional (clean) power supply
- The power is drawn from the DAC cap placed on the galvanic isolator. In order to power the clean side it is necessary to change the jumper on it.
- Katana DAC: power supply to the galvanic part takes place when the J30 jumper is on.
- Boss DAC: power supply of the galvanic part is possible when jumper J25 is set.
Built-in PWR LED -by default active when additional power is connected, to disable it remove J29 jumper.
Additional I2C pins - there are additional pins on the board where I2C interface is located, so you can directly connect additional devices like display.
Technical specification of Allo I2S Isolator V1.2
- Galvanic isolation between SBC and DAC
- Isolates I2C, I2S and GPIO
- Sampling frequency: from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz
- Isolator is compatible with DAC, Katana and Boss frontends
- Dimensions: 64 x 56 x 22 mm
- Weight: 23 g