Product description: MLX90614 - IR temperature sensor - Qwiic - Arduino compatible - SparkFun SPX-17522
Sensorwith integratedMLX90614chip from SparkFun. It uses IR radiation technology, so it enablesnon-contacttemperaturemeasurement ofan objectandambientmeasurement. Measurement range for ambient temperature isfrom -40°C to 125°Cand for the object isfrom -70°C to 382,2°C.
Leads of IR temperature sensor are solder fields, to which goldpin connectors with 2,54 mm pitch should be soldered. Solderstripis not included in set, it can be bought separately in our shop. Sensor board is also equipped with additional Qwiic connector which can be used as an alternative connection option. It allows fast and convenient connection, without soldering. Connect the sensor leads to the controller module, e.g.Arduino, according to the description below:
- 3,3 V- 3,3 V supply pin.
- GND- system ground.
- SDA- I2C logic pin, communication interface data line pin.
- SCL- I2C logic pin, communication interface clock line pin.
Technical specification of the sensor
- Chip: MLX90614
- Reading technology: IR radiation
- Supply voltage: 3,3 V
- Communication interface: I2C, PWM
- measuring range for the ambient temperature: from -40°C to 125°C
- measuring range for the object temperature: from -70°C to 382.2°C
- accuracy of measurement: +/- 0.5°C
- resolution of measurement: 0.02°C