The sale of the product has been completed. Check other devices in this category.
- LCD display 2x16 characters,
- Driver: SPLC780D compatible with HD44780
- Black negative
- White led backlighting, red characters
- Module size : 80 x 36 x 12 mm
- The dimensions of the sign: 2.95 x 4.35mm
- Operating temperature range: from -20 to +50 degrees C
Display often used due to its low price and high availability. One of the main advantages is simple operation.
A detailed description and library for AVR microcontrollers can be found at: link.
Dimensions and outputs
|2||VDD||Power supply +5V|
Selection of the display instruction register
(low state) or data register (high)
|5||R/W||Reading (low state) / Recording (high state)|
|6||E||Unlocking the display|
The data bus.
|15||LEDA||Backlight power supply +5V|
|16||LEDK||Mass of the backlight|
The display can be controlled in modes:
- 8-bit without reading the occupancy flag - eight data bus lines and two control lines (RS, E - RW connected to ground) are required for transmission.
- 8-bit with reading the occupancy flag - eight data bus lines and three control lines (RS, E, RW) are required for transmission.
- 4-bit with reading the occupancy flag - four data bus lines and three control lines (RS, E, RW) are required for transmission.
- 4-bit without reading the occupancy flag - four data bus lines and two control lines (RS, E, RW connected to ground) are required for transmission.)
The most common way of communication is 4-bit mode without reading the occupancy flag. Sending half a byte saves valuable I/O outputs of the microcontroller - only four data lines are used (eight are occupied in 8-bit mode). Not reading the occupancy flag makes software delays necessary, but saves another line - R/W. This pin can be permanently connected to the ground, as the data will only be transported in one direction, to the display.