- Reduced price
Product description: Miniature air pressure sensor - barometer - 300-1250 hPa - BMP384 - Qwiic - SparkFun SEN-19833
A miniature sensor equipped with the BMP384 system that enables the measurement of atmospheric pressure in the range from 300 hPa to 1250 hPa andtemperature in the range from -40 ° C to 85 ° C. The sensor has a high measurement resolution - up to 24 bits, it is also equipped with an additional protection of the system against moisture (it is not fully waterproof, but can be used near water). There is a Qwiic connector on the board, which facilitates and speeds up the prototyping process.
Miniature air pressure sensor - barometer - 300-1250 hPa - BMP384 - Qwiic - SparkFun SEN-19833.
What does the barometer measure? What is atmospheric pressure?
The barometer is commonly referred to as the pressure sensor and is used to measure the total air pressure. Atmospheric pressure depends on weather conditions and varies with altitude. Are you wondering what atmospheric pressure is good for a human being? The value of such atmospheric pressure, the so-called normal pressure is 1013.25 hPa and decreases with increasing altitude. Pressure above this value is considered too high and dangerous to humans.
Technical specification of the sensor
- Type: barometer, air pressure and temperature sensor, barometric sensor
- Built-in chip: BMP384
- Pressure measurement range: from 300 hPa to 1250 hPa
- Relative accuracy: ± 9 Pa in the range from 900 hPa to 1110 hPa
- Absolute accuracy: ± 50 Pa in the range from 300 hPa to 1110 hPa
- Temperature measurement range: -40 ° C to + 85 ° C
- Measurement resolution: up to 24 bit
- Supply voltage range: 1.65 V to 3.6 V
- Power consumption:
- 700 µA - peak value during the measurement
- 3.4 µA / 1 Hz - Pressure and temperature monitoring with Ultra Low Power oversampling settings
- ~ 2 µA - sleep mode / idle mode
- Communication interface: I2C, SPI
- I2C interface address
- 0x77 - default
- 0x76 - alternate
- I2C data transfer rates: 3.4MHz
- Built-in FIFO buffer for storing up to 73 measurements
- Built-in low-pass filter
- Conclusions: 1x Qwiic connector
- Tile sizes: 19.05 x 7.62 mm