Product description: NeoKey 5x6 Ortho - module with mechanical key slots - NeoPixels - Adafruit 5157
NeoKey 5x6 Ortho is a board produced by Adafruit , which contains as many as 30 slots for mechanical buttons . As a standard, the matrix has a 5x6 arrangement, but the design of the plate allows you to freely break off the sockets - it is possible to cut the plate into 2x3, 1x6, 4x3 and other layouts. Each slot contains one built-in NeoPixel LED for effective key illumination. Mechanical switches and keycaps are not included and must be purchased separately. Each slot supports a Cherry MX compatible switch.
A detailed user guide is available on the manufacturer's website, which makes it much easier to start working with the module. The manufacturer also provides dedicated libraries - check it out!
Description of the module pins from Adafruit
- COL - designation of columns
- ROW - designation of rows
- I, IN - input pin assigned to NeoPixel diodes, intended for sending data to NeoPixels from the microcontroller
- O, OUT - output pin assigned to NeoPixel LEDs, used to connect to data pins on another set of NeoPixels
- VIN - system power pin in the range from 3 V to 5 V
- GND - system ground
NeoKey 5x6 Ortho Technical Specifications
- Compatible with e.g. with Arduino and Rapsberry Pi
- Maximum number of supported buttons: 30
- Slot layout: 5 columns x 6 rows
- Configurable: yes, it is possible to cut the tile into 2x3, 1x6, 4x3 and other layouts
- Backlight source: NeoPixels LEDs
- Supply voltage: 3 V to 5 V
- Board dimensions: 115 x 115 with 3.5 mm
- Weight: 41.7g
- NeoKey 5x6 Ortho - module with mechanical key slots - NeoPixels - 1 piece
The set includes a NeoKey 5x6 Ortho plate - switches must be purchased separately.