Module with the fingerprint reader with a 32-bit microcontroller ARM Cortex M3, that communicate through simple commands sent through the serial interface (RX, TX). The sensor has a memory allowing you to record up to 200 fingerprints and transmission of data in the form of photos or base of templates to your computer via USB-UART, microcontroller or other reader.
Module installation are facilitated by the four holes with a diameter of 2.5 mm. The JST - SH connector is used to connect the signals. The system has four pins:
- VCC - supply voltage of 5 V
- GND - ground of the system
- RX - UART serial interface, receiver - it operates with a voltage of 3.3 V
- TX - UART serial interface, transmitter - it works with a voltage of 3.3 V
With the first run, you need to scan a fingerprint which should be stored in the database, after sending the appropriate command via the serial interface.
The product is compatible with Arduino
The video made by SparkFun that shows capabilities of the product.
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V - 6 V
- Current consumption: up to 130 mA
- Simple serial interface UART - 9600 bps
- Resolution of 450 dpi (202 x 258 px)
- Recognition: 360 °
- Ability to send fingerprint images to the computer or microcontroller
- The ability to record a fingerprint into a database
- Four mounting holes with a diameter of approx. 2.5 mm
- Module dimensions: 37 x 21 mm