The product has been discontinued. Check other products in category.
Product description: DJI RoboMaster EP - educational robot
Educational kit to build a robot by DJI equipped with an arm with a gripper and the ability to expand with additional modules and sensors. The robot is equipped with a camera that allows streaming audio and video data in FullHD quality. The robot offers comprehensive teaching solutions in the field of STEAM technology. The heart of the robot is an intelligent control unit equipped with an efficient processor, thanks to which it can simultaneously handle functions such as transmission of high-resolution images with low latency and AI calculations while receiving control data.
Main features of DJI RoboMaster EP educational robot
- Intelligent control unit - equipped with a powerful processor allows simultaneous transmission of high quality video with low latency, AI calculations and control data transmission.
- State-of-the-art hardware and technology - carefully crafted robot components with a futuristic look combined with the technological solutions used combine to create a reliable STEAM learning tool.
- Expandable - The robot allows you to connect additional third party sensors and easily expand its capabilities.
- Development platform - The RoboMaster application supports cross-platform interactions, different competition modes and also has a lot of teaching resources. EP Core supports languages such as Scratch and Python which allows you to develop your skills.
Programming the DJI RoboMaster robot
The robot can be programmed in Scratch and Python using dedicated applications available for iOS, Android, Mac and Windows. The use of these two languages allows you to learn the basics for people inexperienced in programming, as well as develop previously acquired skills at different levels of advancement.
The kit consists of elements for self-assembly, the manufacturer provides a manual and additional materials.
Artificial intelligence in DJI RoboMaster EP
- Line recognition - the robot can be programmed to follow a line.
- Character recognition - RoboMaster can recognize tags that contain numbers, letters and special characters that expand programming and combat capabilities.
- Tracking objects - advanced computer vision technology allows the robot to identify and track a selected person in the field of view of the robot.
- Gesture recognition - the robot can recognise gestures and can be programmed to respond to them.
- Communication with other units - RoboMaster can recognize other units, additionally it is possible to connect multiple models to the computer to enable swarm movement by communicating with multiple machines.
DJI RoboMaster EP specifications
|Maximum image resolution||2560 x 1440|
|Maximum video resolution||
FHD: 1080 / 30 fps
HD: 720 / 30 fps
|Maximum video transmission speed||16 Mbps|
|Still picture format||JPEG|
|Sensor||1/4 CMOS, 5 MPx|
|Working temperature||from -10°C to 40°C|
|Maximum detection frequency||15 Hz|
|Brushless motor M3508I|
|Maximum speed||1000 rpm|
|Maximum torque||0.25 N*m|
|Maximum power output||19 W|
|Working temperature||from -10°C to 40°C|
|Control method||Closed loop speed control|
WiFi connection: 80 ms to 100 ms
Connection via router: 100 ms to 120 ms
|Live View Quality||720p / 30 fps|
|Maximum live streaming speed||6 Mbps|
|Operation mode||Connection via WiFi, connection via router|
|Maximum transmission distance||Wi-Fi connection:
Connection via router:
|Transmission power (EIRP)||2.400 to 2.4835 GHz
5.150 to 5.250 GHz
|Transmission standard||IEEE802.11 a / b / g / n|
|Nominal charging voltage||10,8 V|
|Maximum charging voltage||12,6 V|
|Battery type||Li-Pol 3S|
|Working temperature||-10°C to 40°C|
|Charging temperature||5°C to 40°C|
|Maximum charging power||29 W|
|Battery life in use||35 min|
|Battery life in standby mode||approx. 100 min|
|Input||100 V to 240 V, 50-60 Hz, 1 A|
|Output||12.6 V / 0.8 A or 12.6 V / 2.2 A|
|iOS||iOS 10.0.2 or later|
|Android||Android 5.0 or later|
|Recommended models||TP-Link TL-WDR8600; TP-Link TL-WDR5640 (China)
TP-Link Archer C7; NETGEAR X6S (Global)
|Supported microSD cards||up to 64 GB|