The sale of the product has been completed. Check other devices in this category.
- Power supply voltage: 5 V
- Average power consumption: 3 mA
- Measuring range: 2 - 400 cm
- Accuracy: 0,3 cm + 1 %
- The angle: < 15°
- Output: frequency signal
- Frequency of operation: 40 kHz
- Dimensions: 45 x 20 x 15 mm
The manufacturer states that the sensor operates in the range from 4 cm to 700 cm. Our tests show that it behaves correctly in the range from 4 cm to 400 cm. The module is powered by 5 V, the output is a signal whose duration is proportional to the measured distance. To operate the module there is a library for Arduino users .
Arduino compatible product
The library and wiring diagram of Arduino can be found at this address.
To start the measurement, a voltage pulse (high state 5 V) must be applied to the TRIG pin for 10 uS. The module measures the distance with a 40 kHz sound wave.Asignal is sent to the microcontrollerwherethedistance depends on the duration of the high state and can be calculated from the formula:
test distance = (high level time × velocity of sound (340m/s) / 2
- distance test - distance measured
- high level time - duration of high state
- velocity of sound - speed of sound wave propagation in air - 340 m/s
To get the result in mm you can use the formula:
distance [mm] = ( high level time × 34 / 100 ) / 2
The measurement procedure is shown in the figure below.