ArduCam-Mini OV2640 Description
Camera moduleforArduino2 MPx with a resolution of 1600 px x 1200 and speeds up to 60 frames per second. It extends the capabilities of the system, for example, microcontrollers Arduino,STM32andminicomputers Raspberry Pi, with the possibility of taking photos and recording video clips.Arducam mini OV2640operates with a voltage of 3.3 V and 5 V, it communicates viaSPI, it has a sensitivity of 0.6 V/(lux*sec), the angle of view of 25°, the lens is 1/4".
Modes of operation
- Single Capture Mode- the default mode of the device after the indicating the command via SPI, the camera captures a frame and adds it to the buffer, while setting a flag in the registry. By checking the state of the flag, the user knows that the read has been completed.
- Multiple Capture Mode- an advanced mode where the user specifies the number of frames to be captured. Please note that the number of frames cannot exceed the capacity of the buffer.
- JPEG Compression- in this mode, the output are compressed data in the JPG format with higher resolution, than RGB.
- Normal Read and Burst Read Operation- in this mode, it is sufficient to send a read command for receiving the continuous transmission of frames via an SPI interface.
- Rewind the Read Operation- it allows to read, several times, the same data contained in the buffer.
- Low Power Mode- disables the sensor and transducer in order to save energy.
- Image Sensor Control- mode change parameters of the camera sensor, i.a. balance, brightness, contrast and saturation.
The product is compatible with Arduino
The device consists of a lens, sensor and electronic components with the data buffer and the controller of theSPIbus. The user has also access directly to the sensor via the I2C bus.
A block diagram of the camera module ArduCAM-Mini.
OV2640 SPI Specification
- Working voltage: 3.3 V / 5 V
- Resolution:1600 x 1200 Pixels(2 Megapixels)
- The number of frames per second:
- up to 60 FRAMES per second for CIF format
- up to 30 FRAMES per second for SVGA format
- up to 15 FRAMES per second for the format SXGA / UXGA
- Lens size: 1/4 "
- Lens mounting: CS-mount / M12
- Sensitivity: 0,6 V/(lux*sec)
- Angle of view: 25 °
- Output formats:
- 422/420 YUV / YCbCr 422
- Compressed 8-bit data
- 8 / 10-bit RAW RGB Data
- Configuration of sensor through I2C bus
- Module dimensions: 35 × 25 mm
The device has soldered the 8 pin connector, pitch of 2.54 mm.
|1||CS||Chip Select - selects a device on the SPI bus, activated by low state.|
|2||MOSI||Data output line of SPI bus.|
|3||MISO||Data output line of SPI bus.|
|4||SCLK||Clock line of the SPI bus.|
|5||GND||The ground of the system.|
|6||5V||Supply voltage from 3.3 V to 5 V|
|7||SDA||Data output line of I2C bus.|
|8||SCL||Clock line of the I2C bus.|