Description: EverActive CBC-5 automatic 6 V / 12 V battery charger, processor
EverActive processorchargermodel CBC-5 for 6 V / 12 V gel / AGM / lead acid batteries. This digital, fully automatic device ensures efficient operation, greater effectiveness and reduced power consumption. It has a large, easy to readLCD displayand a built-in voltmeter, which allows for quick assessment of the charge of the connected battery. The charging process is divided into 9 stages, in addition, the end of basic charging follows the phase of constant voltage charging with a smooth decrease of charging current, which results in a better degree of battery charge. The charger ismicroprocessor controlled, after full charging it automatically switches off, going into voltage monitoring mode. Using the chargerdoes not adversely affect the operation of the battery. It will also be suitablefor gel batteries, motorcycle batteries, batteries used on yachts or batteries for scooters with a smaller capacity. The device has been equipped with a detachable cable with SAE quick connector. This allows you to easily adapt the charger to your installation when the supplied cables with crocodile and ring terminals are insufficient.
The charger has practical applications
- Automaticcontrol of the battery charge - when the specified voltage is reached or the charging current drops automatically
- Voltage monitoring at the end ofthe charge - automatic resumption of the charge in case of a voltage drop in the battery
- The charger eliminates the phenomenon of battery sulphation that can occur during charging
- Winter mode- guarantees full and efficient battery charging at low ambient temperature - provides higher than standard charging voltage
- Reactivation/resuscitation" mode- special charging mode -for extremely discharged batteries, the charger applies a limited charging current in single pulsesuntil a safe voltage is reached allowing faster charging
- Detachable cablewith SAE type quick connect coupler, allows to adjust the charger to one's needs
- Charger equipped with a set of protections against short circuits, incorrect connection of poles, overheating, overloading, overcharging, etc.
- Safety is ensured by additional fuseson the cable ends, effectively protecting the connected battery against accidental short-circuiting
- The first stage- measuring and indicating the voltage at the battery terminals and determining its type. For a 12 V battery, by pressing the "MODE" button you can select the charging program (0.8 A / 3.8 A), as well as the "winter" mode with a higher charging voltage. An assessment is made of the battery's condition and its possible reactivation (only for heavily discharged cells) - charging with a reduced current with single pulses.
- The second stage isbasic charging, with a maximum current of 0.8 A or 3.8 A depending on the charging mode.
- Thenextstage - control of the charging process - as the voltage on the battery increases, the charging current is reduced.
- Thefinal phase ofthe charge - the current is smoothly limited to 0.5 A. When the voltage reaches 14.4 V / 14.8 V (for a 12 V battery) and 7.3 V (for a 6 V battery) the basic charge is finished.
- Thelast stage- the phase of monitoring the voltage on the battery - if the charger is left connected to the battery for a longer time and the voltage drops to 13.1 V / 12.8 V (for a 12 V battery), a back-up charge is activated to prevent further discharge or sulphation of the battery.
Specifications of the CBC-5 charger
- Manufacturer: EverActive
- Input voltage: from 220 V to 240 V
- Supported battery types:
- 6 V / 12 V DC (automatic detection)
- Gel, lead-acid, AGM, VRLA, VLA, SLA, WET, GEL, Lead-Acid, EFB, Ca/Ca, Pb
- Supported battery capacities:
- 1.2 Ah to 120 Ah for 12 V
- 1.2 Ah to 14 Ah for 6 V
- Maximum charging voltage:
- 14.80 V for 12 V batteries
- 7.30 V for 6 V batteries
- Charging current:
- adjustable 0.8 A / 3.8 A for 12 V batteries
- 0.8 A for 6 V batteries
- Operating temperature: from -10°C to 40°C
- Length of AC power cord: 1.5 m
- Total length of connections with crocodiles: 1,5 m
- Product dimensions: 185 x 65 x 45 mm