Product description: Adafruit MacroPad RP2040 Starter Kit - 3x4 array + encoder + OLED - ADABOX019 - Adafruit 5128
MacroPad is a button array that allows you to assign the execution of a given system function or application to a button from the array (so-called macros). The module is based on a powerful, dual-core microcontroller RP2040, to which the MacroPad board manufacturer - Adafruit added 8 MB of flash memory. The board features 12 Kailh mechanical buttons with RGB NeoPixel backlighting, arranged in a 3x4 matrix, a rotary encoder and a small OLED display. The module is also equipped with one Qwiic / STEMMA QT connector, for connecting other I2C devices.
MacroPad with backlit mechanical switches, based on RP2040
The MacroPad module features an array of 12 Kailh mechanical switches with RGB NeoPixel backlighting. The holes are compatible with any Cherry MX compatible switch. It is based on the very powerful RP2040 microcontroller developed by the Raspberry Pi Foundation. The board also features a push-button rotary encoder and a 128 x 64 px monochrome OLED display. The whole thing can be programmed in CircuitPython or Arduino environment to display button map, statistics, computer performance, etc. The built-in speaker can provide audio information or play various melodies. The MicroPad also has a built-in Qwiic / STEMMA QT connector for connecting other I2C devices.
- 1 x Adafruit MicroPad RP2040
- 12 x Kailh mechanical switches - Linear Red
- 12 x transparent button caps
- 1 x Adafruit MicroPad bottom board
- 1 x 3x4 keyboard board
- 1 x D-shaped rubber knob
- 4 x screws M3 5 mm
- 4 x rubber feet
MicroPad main features
- Raspberry Pi Rp2040 chip + 8 MB flash memory - DualCore Cortex M0+ 130 MHz with 264 kB RAM. Programmed in CircuitPython or Arduino.
- USB C connector for power or data transfer.
- Slots for mechanical switches arranged in a 3x4 matrix - compatible with Cherry MX switches.
- One RGB NeoPixel LED for each switch.
- Rotary encoder - 20 pulses per turn with button.
- SH1106 128 x 64 px monochrome OLED display.
- 8 mm loudspeaker / buzzer. Class D amplifier with RC filter.
- STEMMA QT connector enables connection of any I2C device.
- Reset button.
- Four M3 mounting holes.