- Reduced price
Product description: Module with PIR motion sensor - EKMC4607112K - 170 uA - Qwiic - SparkFun SEN-17374
The module from SparkFun is equipped with a motion sensor based on infrared PIR technology. It was equipped with the EKMC4607112K chip of the EKM series by Panasonic, which allows the detection of an object located up to 5 meters from it. It uses the I2C bus to communicate with other devices of the system. Perfect for detecting movement in a small area, it is optimized for small movements.
How does a PIR sensor work?
Motion sensors working in PIR technology do not return specific data about the distance from the detected object. Instead, they react to far-infrared radiation, have a lens that shapes the area of operation and the maximum detection distance. These features make them ideal for applications such as automatically turning on devices when motion is detected. Applications include home and building automation to save energy, can be a key device in projects such as automatic lighting on / off, general security and IoT systems.
More information on how to connect a PIR motion sensor can be found in the user guide .
- Module with PIR motion sensor - EKMC4607112K - 170 uA - Qwiic - SparkFun SEN-17374 - 1 piece
Technical specification of the sensor
- Built-in chip: EKMC4607112K
- Module type: motion sensor
- Measurement technology: passive infrared PIR
- Object detection distance: up to 5 m
- Detection area: 90 ° x 90 ° (± 45 °)
- Interface address: I2C bus
- I2C address: default 0x12 (alternative 0x13 selected with solder jumper)
- 2x Qwiic connectors
- Standby current consumption: 170 µA
- Lens Height: 10.9mm
- Lens diameter: 10.4 mm
- Tile sizes: 24.5 x 24.5 mm
Differences between EKMC4607112K and EKMB1107112
In our offer you will also find a module with a PIR motion sensor - EKMB1107112 - 1 uA , which at first glance does not differ from the Module with a PIR motion sensor - EKMC4607112K - 170 uA. The systems differ in terms of electrical parameters and detection performance.
- Working voltage
- EKMB1107112 - from 2.4 V to 4 V
- EKMC4607112K - 3 V to 6 V
- Circuit stability time
- EKMB1107112 - maximum 210 s
- EKMC4607112K - maximum 30 s
- Detection range
- EKMB1107112 - temperature difference: 4 ° C to 7 m / 2 ° C up to 7 m
- EKMC4607112K - temperature difference: 8 ° C to 7 m / 4 ° C up to 5 m